PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Milestone A854
Carrier: Alltel

pmassey31545 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help with Rooting. BIG Question.

So here's the deal.. Just got the new Motorola Milestone from Alltel and I want to Root this bad boy. My question is, can I do it without messing anything up? Functionality and usage(radio, network, all that). I flashed my old Touch Pro WinMo all the time, but this seems a little different and I want to be sure. Any help or ideas???
Old 10-04-2010, 07:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Need help with Rooting. BIG Question.

Uh, no one? Not looking for a how to on rooting here. Just trying to make sure I don't brick it. And, I would hate to have a shiny new phone with a nice updated OS and not be able to use it cause the radio doesn't let me text or call. C'mon. Need help here! Please?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I don't have a Milestone but have a look here: [GUIDE] Root + Nandroid Backup/Restore with Open Recovery - xda-developers

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK, RSD Lite v4.5.3. with vulnerable_recovery_only_RAMDLD90_78.sbf I get the error:

Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve intialization values from INI file. (0x7029); phone is connected.

^^^Just like that. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 10-04-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor

Over at Android Forums, in the Moto Droid Forum, under a stickie named "All Things Root," there is a thread on how to root OTA Froyo and leave the phone stock. Of course, once rooted you can flash whatever ROM you want, but this just provides root. It uses the ADB shell commands and is quite simple. My wife is constantly telling me that I am and idiot and I didn't have any problems at all with the procedure. So I guess, even an idiot can do it. It took WAY longer to get the ADB stuff installed than it did to root the phone. Now I can enjoy stock 2.2, which runs extremely well on my phone, and still have su access if I need (or want) it. So now I'm stock without the preloaded crapps that I didn't want. If you are in the least bit computer savvy, it is a very simple procedure. I don't know anything about Linux and had no problems at all. The instructions are laid out step by step and everything you need to download is linked in the first post.

FWIW...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedGonzo View Post
Over at Android Forums, in the Moto Droid Forum, under a stickie named "All Things Root," there is a thread on how to root OTA Froyo and leave the phone stock. Of course, once rooted you can flash whatever ROM you want, but this just provides root. It uses the ADB shell commands and is quite simple. My wife is constantly telling me that I am and idiot and I didn't have any problems at all with the procedure. So I guess, even an idiot can do it. It took WAY longer to get the ADB stuff installed than it did to root the phone. Now I can enjoy stock 2.2, which runs extremely well on my phone, and still have su access if I need (or want) it. So now I'm stock without the preloaded crapps that I didn't want. If you are in the least bit computer savvy, it is a very simple procedure. I don't know anything about Linux and had no problems at all. The instructions are laid out step by step and everything you need to download is linked in the first post.

FWIW...
Thank you!!!!!!!!! I did some searching over there (androifforums.com) and found this-help me with rooting... - Android Forums Solved my problem in 30 seconds. I am now rooted at the touch of a few buttons. Awesome!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Tags
alltel milestone, how to root, milestone, root alltel