PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Who wants a Droid 2?!?! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132736)

tvandyck7 08-31-2010 08:14 PM

Who wants a Droid 2?!?!

I on Sunday, I requested a replacement device and they agreed to send me another Droid 1. Well much to my surprise, I opened the box and it was a brand spankin new Droid 2! They included a letter that stated that they were sorry, but unfortunately they are unable to replace my D1 and that they automatically upgraded me to a Droid 2. I couldn't believe it. I finally got a break and got a free upgrade for once. Just FYI, incase any of you have "defective D1" that needs replacing.

davidetkin511 08-31-2010 09:45 PM

Re: Who wants a Droid 2?!?!

i heard the droid 2 had lots and lots of glitches and problems.... if those are just rumors... i would love to get one!

could you pm me what u think of it if you get a chance?

thanks
-david

91ludesit 09-02-2010 12:38 PM

There is nothing I want out of a droid 2, I would prefer a droid 1 replacement. That is why I am praying my droid holds out for the next couple of years.

davidetkin511 09-02-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91ludesit (Post 1932764)
There is nothing I want out of a droid 2, I would prefer a droid 1 replacement. That is why I am praying my droid holds out for the next couple of years.

why not?
maybe theres not many new features but its defiantly not worse than a droid 1.

Mamba94 09-02-2010 04:29 PM

Until the droid 2 gets a custom recovery that allows you to load ROMs and overclock ect.... It's not worth it for me to upgrade. However since you got your upgrade due to warranty replacement your in good shape. Also I have not heard of any glitches with the droid 2.

tvandyck7 09-02-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamba94 (Post 1933047)
Until the droid 2 gets a custom recovery that allows you to load ROMs and overclock ect.... It's not worth it for me to upgrade. However since you got your upgrade due to warranty replacement your in good shape. Also I have not heard of any glitches with the droid 2.

Unless you really use WiFi tether for free, there really isn't any reason to root and flash roms. This thing doesn't need to be OC'd at all. Nandroid backups and restores would be nice though in the event of a replacement phone or hard reset.

91ludesit 09-02-2010 11:05 PM

See, I do use the free wifi tether, and without it the phone would be useless.

tvandyck7 09-02-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91ludesit (Post 1933365)

Oh, well I never used it so it wasn't an issue for me. Be careful with your D1 because it looks like they are becoming extinct.

iced98lx 09-03-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91ludesit (Post 1933365)

no problem d2 has root and therefore wireless tether.

iced98lx 09-03-2010 11:32 AM

I called in my replacement today since the one they sent me for a cracked screen has a serious issue with humidity change and the touchscreen. She indicated I'd be getting a droid1 back, but when I asked if she was sure she said "I can't tell if you'll get an original or a two, probably a two that's what we've been sending mostly"

I'll miss my custom roms but will enjoy a touchscreen that's not so finicky.