PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: Who wants a Droid 2?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
Maybe you should try haggling with them a bit for a D2.
i tried... it didnt work...lol

Old 09-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well if nobody here got a new D2 for free besides me, I wonder how many people got them. It must not be that many. I read about several others getting them on the Droid forums. There must have been a tiny window of opportunity when they were sending them out.
When I called in, I told them that I was getting tired of dealing with the POS replacement devices because they are usually worse than the one you are returning. After a bit of disputing, I asked to speak to the manager. He would only offer me a BB Storm 2, a BB Bold or Curve, a Moto Devour, a LG Ally, or LG Fathom. I told them that I didn't think that they were comparable to the D1, and that I think they should be able to replace my phone with a comparable model like the D2, X, or Incredible. The manager told me that they were NOT going to give me any of these... period. I agreed to try another D1 again. Then in 2 days, I opened up the box and it was a D2.
I have had my last 3 phones upgraded early and free by VZW. I started my smartphone collection with a $50 Omnia. 3 Months later, they upgraded me to a TP2. Then, 2 months later, they upgraded me to a Droid 1. And now after 8 months, they upgraded me to a D2. Call it luck I guess. I do spend around $2100/year though, and I have been a customer of theirs since day 1. That might make a difference, but probably not.

One other way to persuade them to accomodate you is to threaten porting out. Tell them you would like to pay the ETF and go to AT&T since VZW is not fulfulling your needs. They will quickly start offering up things. When I did this, they offered me 25% off of my service and a free upgrade. They would hardly let me go. My arguement was that if they are willing to do these things now, they should have done them before I complained. I didn't take it of course because I had to have a freaking POS iPhone 3Gs (which turned out to be a nightmare). I ported back in to VZW in 19 days. In the end, it is their responsibility to keep their high paying customers happy (to an extent).

Last edited by tvandyck7; 09-14-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X MB810
Carrier: Verizon/Alltel

timtampa is a n00b

Well, my 2nd replacement Droid 1 arrived. This one had a working power button, however the camera button didn't work. I tried to fix it and it fell out! I was told to go into my local VZW store to get a replacement, knowing of course they wouldn't have it.

Here's the good part. I called VZW back and told them I was definitely not happy with 2 replacement phones being bad. The rep put me on hold to talk to his manager, about 4 minutes or so later he came back.
He said "we can send you a comparable replacement device". I'm thinking Droid Eris, Devour, some crappy model. Asking if I was happy with the Droid 1 as a phone, which I said I was for the most part, other than it being a bit slow at times.
He said "You can either have the Incredible or the Droid X". I was ecstatic!

I went for the Droid X as it has HDMI out and a larger screen. I honestly rarely use my physical keyboard so I can do without it. I have a very nice Samsung TV with DLNA and HDMI so this phone will work beautifully with it.

So, be a good customer and nicely explain you're very unhappy and they'll try to accommodate you. Though it may depend on the rep you get as well.

Note though, the original warranty still applies. If my new Droid X has an issue I better get it fixed before it expires in a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
Well if nobody here got a new D2 for free besides me, I wonder how many people got them. It must not be that many. I read about several others getting them on the Droid forums. There must have been a tiny window of opportunity when they were sending them out.
When I called in, I told them that I was getting tired of dealing with the POS replacement devices because they are usually worse than the one you are returning. After a bit of disputing, I asked to speak to the manager. He would only offer me a BB Storm 2, a BB Bold or Curve, a Moto Devour, a LG Ally, or LG Fathom. I told them that I didn't think that they were comparable to the D1, and that I think they should be able to replace my phone with a comparable model like the D2, X, or Incredible. The manager told me that they were NOT going to give me any of these... period. I agreed to try another D1 again. Then in 2 days, I opened up the box and it was a D2.
I have had my last 3 phones upgraded early and free by VZW. I started my smartphone collection with a $50 Omnia. 3 Months later, they upgraded me to a TP2. Then, 2 months later, they upgraded me to a Droid 1. And now after 8 months, they upgraded me to a D2. Call it luck I guess. I do spend around $2100/year though, and I have been a customer of theirs since day 1. That might make a difference, but probably not.

One other way to persuade them to accomodate you is to threaten porting out. Tell them you would like to pay the ETF and go to AT&T since VZW is not fulfulling your needs. They will quickly start offering up things. When I did this, they offered me 25% off of my service and a free upgrade. They would hardly let me go. My arguement was that if they are willing to do these things now, they should have done them before I complained. I didn't take it of course because I had to have a freaking POS iPhone 3Gs (which turned out to be a nightmare). I ported back in to VZW in 19 days. In the end, it is their responsibility to keep their high paying customers happy (to an extent).

Last edited by timtampa; 09-15-2010 at 07:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: drod x
Carrier: verizon

jone216 is keeping up the good workjone216 is keeping up the good work

i got two droid 2 replacements for me and my girl did one last week and got one today by fedex i told them these like knew phones are garbage and if they want to keep the $2,400 a year that they charge me they need to give me something different it worked i had 2 droid 1 .thanks tvandyck7
Old 09-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jone216 View Post
i got two droid 2 replacements for me and my girl did one last week and got one today by fedex i told them these like knew phones are garbage and if they want to keep the $2,400 a year that they charge me they need to give me something different it worked i had 2 droid 1 .thanks tvandyck7
Awesome. I'm glad it worked out for you.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: gateway
Carrier: verizon

christo37 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba94 View Post
Until the droid 2 gets a custom recovery that allows you to load ROMs and overclock ect.... It's not worth it for me to upgrade. However since you got your upgrade due to warranty replacement your in good shape. Also I have not heard of any glitches with the droid 2.
they is one clockmod from rom manager

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid