PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

xxmillertimexx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Asurion-Scammers? Yes.

Can you believe this BS? I've been reading up on the insurance replacements for the Droid and guess what-what they're offering is total sh!t.

Ally
Devour
Eris

Are they serious?! No, they can't be. It must be a joke. Well, it's not. And let me say this-I sent a nice little email to Asurion AND Verizon stating how unhappy I was about the replacements and that I will NOT stand for this. It's completely unacceptable, and I won't pay a monthly fee just to be guaranteed a cheaper and crappier phone. Hell no.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/22...d-by-motorola/

http://www.androidjunkies.com/index....s-with-droids/

NO thanks. I won't be putting up with this, especially with those kinda replacements. I suggest you take GREAT care of your beloved D1 or else..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:42 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff
Re: Asurion-Scammers? Yes.

Well, perhaps after the droid 2 comes out this will be rectified.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This has been reported on for the last week or so. Asurion has come back and stated that they will also be offering the Droid X and Droid Incredible as replacements. So, I'm thinking those replacements will be just fine.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/26...offer-droid-x/

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 07-31-2010, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I guess, but if you really think about it, those still aren't very "comparable" to the D1. I mean, no keyboard is the first thing. But I guess they're better then the freakin Ally and Eris.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

iced98lx is a n00b

Glad I replaced my cracked-screen D1 when I still got a D1 back. Guess I wont' mind an X or D2 too terrible much once there are roms for them.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

dutch169 is just getting started

I was able to get mine replaced through Verizon today. I was still within my manufactuers warrenty. Was glad I didn't have to go through insurance.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
This has been reported on for the last week or so. Asurion has come back and stated that they will also be offering the Droid X and Droid Incredible as replacements. So, I'm thinking those replacements will be just fine.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/26...offer-droid-x/
I would be willing to accept either of those 2. I like my Droid, but to get a X, or D.INK would be pretty awesome and like an upograde without signing another contract! I guess that's what I pay $7/mo for though. I'll believe it when I see it though. I just can't imagine them replacing the D1 with newer/better devices that they can't even keep in stock. Maybe in a year when they are dinosaurs, but not anytime soon.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 08-03-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well I know that they're not "technically" offering them YET, but a select few are speaking with CS and supervisors, and that's how they're getting the Dinc or X. I would want the X over the Dinc, though.

And yeah, you're right. It IS like getting an upgrade..but if they tried to give me one of the other three, then it's a downgrade lol and not worth it at all
Old 08-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

They are offering the DINC through insurance now. I have read several recent reports of this.
I just got my 7th D1 through warranty replacement. I was told that after numerous replacements, I would be able to choose a different device (if I wanted to). That is false. I like my Droid and didn't really care to change, but if this one doesn't work right for me, I might persue other avenues.
I like the DINC, but the reputation of the short battery life is making me wonder how much I'd like it.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

siff is becoming a great contributor

They are NOT offering anything but the Droid , not the X not the inc. Only the droid I just spoke to them on the phone and got off the asurion website anyone else telling otherwise is full of crap. Check for yourself , but anyone saying anything but the fact they are giving an original droid does not know what they are talking about! Not technically not if you complain nothing I have an ARPU of over $300 per month which is what they rate you usage on and they wouldn't give it to me. Average ARPU is around $120-$150. People make me laugh......

Last edited by siff; 09-08-2010 at 09:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid