PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   I guess the original MotoDroid is over the hill... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129341)

tvandyck7 07-21-2010 01:04 PM

I guess the original MotoDroid is over the hill...

With all of the new Android devices coming out lately, this forum has been dead. Has everyone abandoned their Droid? I still like mine alot, but I guess the support is moving on to bigger and better things.

Mylt1 07-21-2010 02:38 PM

Re: I guess the original MotoDroid is over the hill...

tell me about it. i requested the MMS information days ago and still havent gotten it. personally i want a cross between the droid II and the X. i need a keyboard fom the II but i want the video out put from the X. maybe something else will be out before im due for my upgrade.

ronaldheld 07-21-2010 02:55 PM

still using mine until the Pro comes out or maybe the D2 becomes rooted.

brandogg 07-21-2010 07:53 PM

It's not dead, just a bunch of people got the Incredible or the X. My friend got the X (best thing ever made) and gave me his Droid...I'm sure when the official FroYo release is out, it will at least pick up a little bit over here. I think the main thing is there is a wealth of information on these forums, and most people are pretty content right now...aside from that PPCGeeks has always been centered around Windows Mobile.

blazingwolf 07-22-2010 08:30 AM

I still have mine and will for at least the 6 months. :)

JonV 07-22-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazingwolf (Post 1877755)
I still have mine and will for at least the 6 months. :)

Ditto! 11/6 at least for the upgrade program to kick in. Can't wait to see what the buzz is around then leading up to xmas.

I think the traffic here has died down because we all have our phones working the way we want, we understand them and they understand us! We don't need all the how-to and hand-holding we did when we first got our Droids. Even the new ROM forums have all settled down. Anyone getting a new VZW phone are no doubt getting Droid X or 2.

ronaldheld 07-22-2010 12:26 PM

I am waiting for the Pro and any LTE/CDMA aircards around the end of the year.

Mylt1 07-22-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonV (Post 1877815)
Ditto! 11/6 at least for the upgrade program to kick in. Can't wait to see what the buzz is around then leading up to xmas.

I think the traffic here has died down because we all have our phones working the way we want, we understand them and they understand us! We don't need all the how-to and hand-holding we did when we first got our Droids. Even the new ROM forums have all settled down. Anyone getting a new VZW phone are no doubt getting Droid X or 2.

hate to disagree with you but, the Touch Pro as well and the TPII have been out longer than the droid and those forums are still busy most days. if your statement held true then those forums would have died out long ago.

srw788 07-22-2010 02:55 PM

I would say that people who have the spare change are moving to newer phones but I personally shelled out the full retail price on launch day. I wouldn't have had to but Verizon pulled a stunt on me and my family plan when they absorbed Altell and I ended up with a Blackberry Tour. Anywho, point is I paid $600 for my phone and I have yet to see anything compelling enough to make me upgrade. Yea HDMI-out is awesome but I would never use it. I have wi-fi hotspot on my DROID. I run 2.2 with a kernel i keep clocked at 800Mhz. When someone can show me a phone that makes drool I will keep my Droid because, like the people with the G1, there is something nice knowing you have the original that all are measured to. ^.^

P.S. I am personally waiting for the Super-Super phones. The ones that Gates said would replace computers altogether and be our constant companion. I know that is a bit of a stretch but I rarely use my laptop or netbook and once I have a phone with a 2ghz processor and 4G speeds I do believe that I will be good to go.

JonV 07-22-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mylt1 (Post 1878079)
hate to disagree with you but, the Touch Pro as well and the TPII have been out longer than the droid and those forums are still busy most days. if your statement held true then those forums would have died out long ago.

No problem. I'm admittedly out of the loop because I am not in shopping mode right now, but are those phones still selling as decent flagships of the WinMo world? If I wanted a nice WinMo phone these days is that what I would be opting for? Then needing help with it, I'd be in the forums?

My point was not that the Droid was old, just that new adopters may be moving to newer android phones (incredible, X, 2) that have perhaps taken its place as the phone where new adopters are still coming in every day and that's why those forums are busier these days than Droid. I was just pondering that there are not as many folk getting a new Droid today and not knowing how to add an email account, tweak their settings, etc. as there was in the first half of 2010.

Plus as I tell folk who ask me about Android: it just works. I don't need all the hand-holding and such that I did with WinMo.

I don't know nuthin'. I'd like to see where the sales figures are these days for various devices. It's going to take a good one to make me leave the Droid behind and I'm a nut for the bleeding edge! I will definitely be shopping come fall but Android of course.