PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   2.2 Update-July 13th: Today?! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128486)

xxmillertimexx 07-13-2010 01:33 AM

2.2 Update-July 13th: Today?!

Well here we go again: The long awaited 2.2 Froyo update is rumored from a very reliable source is supposed to hit our phones today, July 13th. Whether you believe this or not, it now becomes "patient" waiting game. Although I am already running Froyo on my rooted Droid, I would still like to switch to stock and probably will when it hits our phones.

What do ya'll think? I'm not sure what to think about this, but here's the link that I got this info from. Let's just cross our fingers, eh? HOPEFULLY.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/02...2-2-july-13th/

Gahh, if it comes OTA today-let me tell you, I will be jumping for freakin joy. I don't even care if I lose root, I'll switch for sure. You never know, it might even be faster with JIT then that Froyo that we have now. I always feel safer on stock anyways-and don't use too many apps with my root anyways so I don't mind losing it.

Now, let's pray-we all know we want this.

calash 07-13-2010 09:03 AM

Re: 2.2 Update-July 13th: Today?!

Our Verizon rep told me last month that 2.2 was targeted to be coming out withing a few days of the DroidX release, so this would fix perfectly with that estimate. I have also seen a couple of sources quoting today as the day.

However you know how rumors go, and the previous release of the OTA update left much to be desired. And reps have been known to be wrong.

So, today is a waiting game. I would guess it would be a tiered updated such as they are doing with the Eris this week, so not all devices will get the update at the same time. My friend at work has an unaltered Droid so I will be looking to him for signs the update has started. My droid is running SS 4.3 and has OTA disabled.

They do have a lot planned for this week. Eris, Droid X, and possibly 2.2. I hope the network can keep up.

xxmillertimexx 07-13-2010 01:53 PM

This better be hitting phones today cause I unrooted and switched back to 2.1 for this update. Hopefully they're not bullshi**ing us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hopin for the best. Ill let ya know if anything pops up on my phone.

blazingwolf 07-13-2010 07:36 PM

I wouldn't bet on it. New rumors say August now.

xxmillertimexx 07-14-2010 02:25 AM

And I'm actually kind of pissed, I'm not gonna lie. Why do they even bother?

I unrooted and switched back to stock 2.1 for nothin, damnit.

ronaldheld 07-14-2010 07:49 AM

I didn't bother; still on a custom 2.2.

blazingwolf 07-15-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxmillertimexx (Post 1864850)
And I'm actually kind of pissed, I'm not gonna lie. Why do they even bother?

I unrooted and switched back to stock 2.1 for nothin, damnit.

Your pissed because a rumor did not come true? That doesn't make any sense what so ever.

davidetkin511 07-15-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazingwolf (Post 1866993)
Your pissed because a rumor did not come true? That doesn't make any sense what so ever.

+1..... but it is always disappointing when a rumor doesnt come true, even though you're not really expecting anything it is still kind of a letdown

xxmillertimexx 07-17-2010 12:15 AM

Man, I love pointless replies that are meant to piss people off. Take it somewhere else.

Anyways, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for 2.2

JDown24 07-18-2010 04:12 AM

I learned after the 2.1 circus not to get my hopes up on a rumor. It will update when its ready. Besides i'm gonna be upgrading to the droid X pretty soon, played with it at Verizon this week. That phone is amazing!