PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Droid 2 upgrade? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125145)

ronaldheld 06-14-2010 04:26 PM

Droid 2 upgrade?

Even if Droidmod 1 is a little antiquated, is it really worth upgrading to the D2 running 2,1?

mclelands 06-14-2010 10:25 PM

Re: Droid 2 upgrade?

What? Are you asking if you should upgrade to the Droid 2? If so, it's pretty much a personal decision. I see absolutely no reason to upgrade if it comes with the rumored specs. Add hdmi, 4.3" screen and 1ghz+ cpu and it makes it a no brainer, imo. If it ships with 2.1 who cares? It can be upgraded later.

blazingwolf 06-14-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclelands (Post 1815360)
What? Are you asking if you should upgrade to the Droid 2? If so, it's pretty much a personal decision. I see absolutely no reason to upgrade if it comes with the rumored specs. Add hdmi, 4.3" screen and 1ghz+ cpu and it makes it a no brainer, imo. If it ships with 2.1 who cares? It can be upgraded later.

Well, it already has the 1Ghz processor so you can scratch that off your list. :)

goldenu 06-15-2010 12:45 AM

From what I'm seeing it's only advantage is a better keyboard. 1ghz cpu: I can already beat that. 3.7" WVGA screen: have it. Latest and greatest Android: got that too. The existing keyboard doesn't bug me nearly enough to upgrade the phone.

Even if there were some killer spec, after being a super-early buyer of the TP2 and being able to do *nothing* with it for the first 1.5 months, I'd not purchase until/unless an active community was behind the device...for now the existing Droid is about the best you can get.

Reasonably priced (now), potentially faster than Incredible/Evo/etc (I haven't had the nerve to go past 1.1 ghz), incredibly active and supportive user community...Think I'll stay.

ronaldheld 06-15-2010 07:35 AM

This sounds like there is little reason to upgrade at this time.
I am running at 1 Ghz, and have not tried toi go higher.

phullofphil 06-15-2010 12:21 PM

I wouldnt upgrade really but i think its alot better and it will probably come with 2.2 even if not i bet you can overclock it to 1.5 or so. I might get the xtreme i like it and i dont use keyboard anyway. As far as htc anything i really think there kinda cheap fealling and battery lif is usually the worst. I just played with a evo today and it was kinda slow in certian spots. I think a stock droid with launcher pro runs a little faster. I am gonna stick with motorola for sure

ronaldheld 06-16-2010 08:03 AM

If I were to give up the keyboard, would the X be a better choice?

91ludesit 06-16-2010 10:40 AM

Are you guys talking about the droid X, the specs look impressive, but I am unimpressed by the lack of a physical keyboard. Having to rely on the soft keyboard scares me.

ronaldheld 06-16-2010 10:45 AM

I am concerned about having a phone with no qwerty physical keyboard, but for a large enough screen could live without it?
I did mean the Droid X.

coolfx35 06-18-2010 09:29 AM

I would even bother with Droid 2, i would check out the Droid X.