PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
should i exchange my droid for incredible?

im still under the 30 day warranty.
the incredible has:
a 1ghz cpu
8gb internal storage
but it doesnt have a keyboard
it does have sense
an 8mp camera

what do you think?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800 > omnia i910 > Touch Pro 2 & Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

jer07734 is keeping up the good workjer07734 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jer07734 Send a message via Yahoo to jer07734
Re: should i exchange my droid for incredible?

apples and oranges... i just got my droid and am very happy with it. i also just used my wife's upgrade to get the incredible as well.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875

twostep is just getting started

Its really up to you. with tweaking, your droid will be running just as fast as the incredible, and its already rooted if that's your thing. my droid is oc'd to 1.2ghz and is super stable. its all personal preference. though, i love my droid and would not swap it for anything, especially coming off a touch pro2.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

i came form a tp2 as well. mine wont overclock to more than 900mhz but i compared it to a nexus and its still faster. the incredible is pretty ugly imo and i hate sense on android. and i need my keybaord
Old 04-27-2010, 07:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omni 2 and droid
Carrier: verizon

Dmordarski is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
i came form a tp2 as well. mine wont overclock to more than 900mhz but i compared it to a nexus and its still faster. the incredible is pretty ugly imo and i hate sense on android. and i need my keybaord
It depends, do you want or like sense Ui? Do you use a keyboard? I personally hate HTC build quality, I can never get any HTC phone to last a two year contract, they have always broke on me and one of the reasons I advocate insurance!
Verizon
Old 04-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

nerdherd is keeping up the good worknerdherd is keeping up the good work

If you don't care about the keyboard then YES! Do it! Sense UI is a beautiful thing...I'm tempted to get the Incredible myself.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
If you don't care about the keyboard then YES! Do it! Sense UI is a beautiful thing...I'm tempted to get the Incredible myself.
Could you "sell" me on Sense UI in twenty words or less (actually any number you need will do)? Compare and contrast to the native 2.1 Android interface we all know and kinda love? Why is Sense UI beautiful?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
Looks like you have answered your own question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmordarski View Post
It depends, do you want or like sense Ui? Do you use a keyboard? I personally hate HTC build quality, I can never get any HTC phone to last a two year contract, they have always broke on me and one of the reasons I advocate insurance!
+1 about the HTC build quality. I like their software, but their devices are subpar IMHO. With phone the way they are now, softwar doesn't matter anymore because you can flash it anyway you like (if there is enough support for it). The hardware is the limitation for any particular device.

As for me, I would love to have the Incredible, but I am not going to be eligable until 8/11. By then phones will have robotic arms that do for everything for you. I'll just have to wait until then.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 04-27-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
Could you "sell" me on Sense UI in twenty words or less (actually any number you need will do)? Compare and contrast to the native 2.1 Android interface we all know and kinda love? Why is Sense UI beautiful?
heres a pretty in depth look at the new version of sense, sorry its more than 20

HTC Sense Review
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:16 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have my 2 lines set up so that I get an upgrade every 6 months. I was pretty excited about the Incredible at first, but the more I thought about it the more it seems like an even trade than an upgrade. Basically I'd be trading a physical KB for an extra 3MP on the camera, which is actually a pretty good trade in my opinion, but not for 200.00. I guess the Sense UI is in the eye of the beholder, cause lots of people like it, but I dont care for it at all. At least you can most likely turn it off and just use the Android interface. Our Droids are already overclocked at speeds higher than the Incredible, but I would imagine the incredible will end up getting OC'd as well and will have a higher threshold ( maybe even go all the way to 2GHZ?) I dunno, I'm not going to get it at release, but if it gets OC'd and takes REALLY good pictures I might have to go ahead and get it.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid