PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Annoying noise in background of calls.

Is anyone else getting an annoying background noise during some calls? It sounds like a high pitch squeal but not loud at all, just loud enough to get on my nerves. It happens almost every call except when I call Verizon about it. For some reason, it doesn't occur when I talk to them... conveniently. I read a post somewhere about this and some guy had a solution for it, but I can't seem to find it. The Verizon tech I spoke with had me go into the phone menu and change some things around, but it didn't help.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Annoying noise in background of calls.

Have you tried a different ROM to see if that makes a difference?

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 04-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No I haven't. I thought about flashing back to stock to see what that would do. It could very well be Droidmod doing it. I was going to see if I am the only one though.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

It's Google listening in...
Old 04-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I just made the following changes in my system settings:
##7764726 (##PROGRAM)
CALL Button
Enter SPC Password - 000000
VERIFY
04 Vocode
Select EVRC-B

I think this might have worked. The last few test calls didn't have the noise issue, but the problem was intermittent anyway. I hate talking to VZW techs about my phone. They always seem to ask for firmware #'s and things like that and I can't ever give them the right one because I'm on a different rom.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 04-15-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

dutch169 is just getting started

DroidMod was acting buggy for me to. Phone was running real hot at times and I was not able to answer calls. I'm still thinking it had something to do with the 2.1 update. I could be completely wrong but it was way too coincidental with the release update and it started bugging out on me.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Update: the settings I posted above did not fix the problem. I'm going to try flashing back to stock and see if that makes any difference.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Stock made no difference for me. I called VZW and they updated some network settings on their side. This seemed to make the noise less prominant and occur less often. This makes me think that it might not be a problem with my phone. It's hard to say.
One thing that I noticed is that I almost always have a perfect 3g signal (which is baffling VZW because the closes cell tower is 50 miles from me), but when I make a call, the 1x signal is usually showing 1-2 bars at best. Maybe the 1x voice signal is the whole problem. The thing is, I never show to be roaming or off network. According to VZW, I should be off 90-100%. IDK???????

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid