PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   How do I disable the car dock feature? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117612)

tvandyck7 04-10-2010 12:10 AM

How do I disable the car dock feature?

I got a new magnetic phone case the other day from best buy. How can I turn off the car dock feature so that my phone doesn't turn on everytime I put it up and get it out? It's not that big of a deal, but it gets on my nerves.

davidetkin511 04-10-2010 12:21 AM

Re: How do I disable the car dock feature?

im not sure if this will work but its worth a try... download startup auditor (i think its .99) then disable car home from running on startup. if its not open it might not run when you put your phone in the case..
sorry if it doesnt work

IwireRobert 04-10-2010 12:27 AM

On the same line of questioning. I installed droidmod on my cusions phone and i put the app car dock v2 on there. he started to get a whole bunch of force closes everytime he put it in his car dock so he uninstalled the app and now he cant get the regualer dock to come back. Any clue on how to fix that? thanks in adavance.

tvandyck7 04-10-2010 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidetkin511 (Post 1691063)
im not sure if this will work but its worth a try... download startup auditor (i think its .99) then disable car home from running on startup. if its not open it might not run when you put your phone in the case..
sorry if it doesnt work

I'm pretty sure this won't work because I can kill the app and it still opens when it crosses the magnet. Thanks for the advice though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IwireRobert (Post 1691071)
On the same line of questioning. I installed droidmod on my cusions phone and i put the app car dock v2 on there. he started to get a whole bunch of force closes everytime he put it in his car dock so he uninstalled the app and now he cant get the regualer dock to come back. Any clue on how to fix that? thanks in adavance.

I'm sure someone has an apk for it. You should be able to reinstall it and overwrite the existing app and it should work.

I use the car dock app a lot and don't want to permanently disable it. I just want my phone to stay asleep when I put it in the case. There has to be a way to do it.

tvandyck7 04-10-2010 02:17 AM

UPDATE: I found an app for it. It's called "dock blocker"... go figure. lol
It works well. The backlight still comes on, but only for a few seconds. The magnet no longer launches the car dock or desk dock app. It costs $.99 though. Once installed, it changes your screen time out. You have to go into settings and reset your preferred time out. Good enough for me.

davidetkin511 04-10-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvandyck7 (Post 1691232)
UPDATE: I found an app for it. It's called "dock blocker"... go figure. lol
It works well. The backlight still comes on, but only for a few seconds. The magnet no longer launches the car dock or desk dock app. It costs $.99 though. Once installed, it changes your screen time out. You have to go into settings and reset your preferred time out. Good enough for me.

thats good, lol!

there is a feature in startup auditor that prevents an app form opening.

jrodizzkool01 04-10-2010 09:23 PM

The way I disabled it was by simply removing it from my phone since I never used it.