PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Milestone A854
Carrier: Alltel

pmassey31545 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Motorola Droid on Alltel

Can I buy a Motorola Droid on eBay or retail and make it work on the Alltel network?
Old 04-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Motorola Droid on Alltel

Moved to General Moto Droid Discussion for more accurate answers
Old 04-08-2010, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch alltel diamond
Carrier: Alltel (now Verizon)

inferno1 is becoming a great contributor

I did...
Seems to be working so far....
Old 04-09-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

bleeblak8 is just getting started

I'm sure that you can do this. As I still have an Alltel plan but have a Droid. But I will guess that as long as the ESN is clean you shouldn't have a problem. But you can always check and see. Or check Amazon, I do believe they had the Droid for 20 bucks. But that would be with a new plan. And if nothing else you can always give Verizon a call and see if they would be alright with that. Never hurts to ask. Good luck, you will love the Droid. I know I have.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor

Read through this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98048

In short, if you were formerly an Alltel customer who is now a part of Verizon due the the merger, and you're still using your old Alltel plan, you can purchase a Droid on eBay or for full reatail and activate it on that plan. That's what I did (the eBay route). If you go into a store or talk to a Verizon rep on the phone, they might tell you that you can't do it. But you can. The easiest thing to do is just to activate it online through your My Verizon account. No problems whatsoever.

But, if you're still an Alltel customer now who accesses your online account through Alltel, and you're not a Verizon customer, you can't do it by normal, legal means. Anyone who is still a part of the Alltel network (receiving Alltel bills and logging in through the Alltel websites) at this point was not included in the merger (or hasn't been incorporated yet), so it's a completely different company. It would be essentially like trying to activate a Sprint phone on the Alltel network.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Milestone A854
Threadstarter

pmassey31545 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno1 View Post
I did...
Seems to be working so far....
But you are now with Verizon. Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeblak8 View Post
I'm sure that you can do this. As I still have an Alltel plan but have a Droid. But I will guess that as long as the ESN is clean you shouldn't have a problem. But you can always check and see. Or check Amazon, I do believe they had the Droid for 20 bucks. But that would be with a new plan. And if nothing else you can always give Verizon a call and see if they would be alright with that. Never hurts to ask. Good luck, you will love the Droid. I know I have.
My Alltel isn't going to Verizon. Didn't know if there was a work around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
Read through this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98048

In short, if you were formerly an Alltel customer who is now a part of Verizon due the the merger, and you're still using your old Alltel plan, you can purchase a Droid on eBay or for full reatail and activate it on that plan. That's what I did (the eBay route). If you go into a store or talk to a Verizon rep on the phone, they might tell you that you can't do it. But you can. The easiest thing to do is just to activate it online through your My Verizon account. No problems whatsoever.

But, if you're still an Alltel customer now who accesses your online account through Alltel, and you're not a Verizon customer, you can't do it by normal, legal means. Anyone who is still a part of the Alltel network (receiving Alltel bills and logging in through the Alltel websites) at this point was not included in the merger (or hasn't been incorporated yet), so it's a completely different company. It would be essentially like trying to activate a Sprint phone on the Alltel network.
Now this makes sense. Alltels phones just suck. I mean I love my TP, but c'mon. Get with it Alltel.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan (Sprint Branded)

Tidder is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Tidder Send a message via Skype™ to Tidder

Actually you can, but it's a huge pain in the ass. I live in an area where Alltel is still Alltel. After buying CDMA Workshop and hex editing certain parts of the phones memory, we've got one working almost fully. Trying to hash out the 3g connectivity issue. It works on and off... picking up an Alltel Hero to compare settings. When the 3g/EVDO actually works, it's fast and nice, but it just doesn't stay. I think it has something to do with mobile IP vs Simple IP settings. I honestly have no idea. I'll post back here if I figure something out.

Also, we were able to call our Alltel business rep who was able to add the MEID to one of our lines without issue, no illegal things happening here...

If I have helped you with any post, please thank me!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan (Sprint Branded)

Tidder is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Tidder Send a message via Skype™ to Tidder

So far, no dice on getting Alltel 3g/evdo working correctly on the Droid. Even went as far as cloning the Droid MEID to an alltel PPC6800 so I could get the HA and AAA shared secrets. Didn't help.

We're getting close to giving up, having the Hero didn't help us at all, the MIP settings were all the same. But with 1x data, it's good enough it seems.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

ryuaced is just getting started

I had to flash mine through alltel. I can't link because im a nubb because I rarely post but just search motorola droid full solution updated. It will tel lyou how to do it. It is a bit of a pain to do and yes hashing out 3g is pretty rough. I had to remove 3g altogether and just use 1x right now until I can find a good ip/port.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

ryuaced is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidder View Post
So far, no dice on getting Alltel 3g/evdo working correctly on the Droid. Even went as far as cloning the Droid MEID to an alltel PPC6800 so I could get the HA and AAA shared secrets. Didn't help.

We're getting close to giving up, having the Hero didn't help us at all, the MIP settings were all the same. But with 1x data, it's good enough it seems.
Don't know if you were having the same issue I had, 3g came on and off and 1x came on and off, but when 3g came it won't ping and eventually disconnects me. I had to dial *#*#info#*#* and go to phone info, and just use cdma only, 1x works constantly and without interruptions. 3g still seems to be the issue. To even get that to work I had to change the autostart.sh from whiterabbit initial IP addresses to an IP i found online from 2003. I really think the issue lies with finding a functional IP and Port for alltel to accept.

Did you check what ip and port the hero was trying to connect for its 3g(ev)?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid