PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Minor pet peeve: call during music playback

When I am at my desk, I have my powered speakers plugged into my Droid and it is playing music (Pandora, etc.). The media volume is up but the speakers are set to a low volume.

If I then get an incoming call, the music automatically pauses, I unplug the speakers and take the call.

My peeve is that when the call finishes, the music automatically restarts but, because the speakers are not plugged in yet, the music blasts out the Droid speakers.

Is there a setting somewhere that can help cure this situation? My only solution is to try and get the speakers re-jacked before the music restarts but I'm almost always too late to keep from disturbing those around me.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Minor pet peeve: call during music playback

The only thing I can think of is to set the media volume lower and the speaker volume higher so when it does play it doesn't blast you. I am sure someone else will give you a good suggestion though
Old 04-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You could use " not call log" to take you directly to the audio manager or to the music player after an ended call so that you can catch it quicker. Other than that, idk.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

labz is a n00b

I agree with CarlaDarla, since you have powered speakers the best solution would more than likely be to turn the speaker volume up and keep the phones volume lower.

40-70% You will achieve better quality sound from your speakers and still be able to hear your phone if you forget to adjust settings later. powered speakers are designed to receive "line level signal" which is lower than % have even mentioned.

I dont own this phone so i cant speak for any settings it may have :-/

and for some reason i chose this to be my first post in 2.5 yrs as an active reading member. guess i saw my chance to help(audio engineer and producer)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid