PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ronaldheld is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: droidmod 1.0 and 2.1 update

It is no solace, but we will know better the next time, which for Verizon can't be very soon.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

IwireRobert is a n00b

So my question is if i go back to stock from the DM Updater will i get notified of the update? or will i have to manually update my phone? To be honest i dont want the stock 2.1 but just nice to know what will happen.

Thanks in adavance
Old 04-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just received the update this morning. Like was said before, I just accepted it and then when the bootloader came up, I just selected reboot and all is good. It automatically downloads to the phone, but will not install unless you specifically direct it to. There is no way it can install accidentally. You have to manually select it in there bootloader.
Robert: If you go back to stock, it will no longer block the installation process. If you are stock and click install, I'm sure it would continue with the install automatically.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

IwireRobert is a n00b

So in the boat loader screen there is 2 options under install. option 1 is to allow update.zip installation and option 2 is Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated). Don't know if it makes a difference but I'm running Droid Mod 1.0. But in any case if i got back to stock wont i lose the boat-loader screen? and if don't lose it which option would i select?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwireRobert View Post
So in the boat loader screen there is 2 options under install. option 1 is to allow update.zip installation and option 2 is Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated). Don't know if it makes a difference but I'm running Droid Mod 1.0. But in any case if i got back to stock wont i lose the boat-loader screen? and if don't lose it which option would i select?
It would be helpful to know exactly what you're wanting to do. Why are you wanting to go back to stock?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

IwireRobert is a n00b

my original question was if i did go back to stock and wanted the 2.1 update. what option would i select in the boat-loader screen to update becaue it was said that the update is already downloaded to the phone.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
my original question was if i did go back to stock and wanted the 2.1 update. what option would i select in the boat-loader screen to update becaue it was said that the update is already downloaded to the phone.
Well, to go back to stock and install the 2.1 update, you'd have to be unrooted. If you're unrooted, then you should be able to accept the install notification for 2.1 and it will install. The fact that it's already downloaded won't change the fact that the network will prompt you to install it if it's not installed. I wouldn't think there would be any bootloader screen to worry with on an unrooted phone because that would only serve to confuse the majority of Droid owners out there who don't know anything about rooting, roms, etc.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

IwireRobert is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
Well, to go back to stock and install the 2.1 update, you'd have to be unrooted. If you're unrooted, then you should be able to accept the install notification for 2.1 and it will install. The fact that it's already downloaded won't change the fact that the network will prompt you to install it if it's not installed. I wouldn't think there would be any bootloader screen to worry with on an unrooted phone because that would only serve to confuse the majority of Droid owners out there who don't know anything about rooting, roms, etc.
Well that answer my question thank you... I dont see any reason to go back to stock but just more curiouse then anything. I'm just going to wait until the good people over at Droidmod come out with a new update. but once again thanks for answer.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Well that answer my question thank you... I dont see any reason to go back to stock but just more curiouse then anything. I'm just going to wait until the good people over at Droidmod come out with a new update. but once again thanks for answer.
There's nothing of any note that's in the 2.1 update that's not already included in droidmod. They were able to put all of the major 2.1 changes into it, so installing the 2.1 update wouldn't give you anything you don't already have.

I'm trying to be patient while I wait for a droidmod update myself.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It will give you the new radio software. That alone is probably a good reason to update.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid