PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 08:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Releases the 2.1 update

Verizon has placed instructions for the update to 2.1 on it's website. From the looks of things it will be an over the air update and it is called "mandatory".

Link to the instructions: http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/droid_upgrade.html

How many will be doing this? I know I won't as I am rooted and have no plans to go back. Plus I've been running something similar to this for quite some time.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia I910

Mamba94 is a n00b
Re: Verizon Releases the 2.1 update

I will update. I was rooted then un-rooted about a month ago. I'll see what this update has to offer if it's not that great I am sure someone will come up with a way to achieve root again (which I think I read somewhere may already exist).
Old 03-16-2010, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba94 View Post
I will update. I was rooted then un-rooted about a month ago. I'll see what this update has to offer if it's not that great I am sure someone will come up with a way to achieve root again (which I think I read somewhere may already exist).
A way to re-root (is that even a word?) does exist. It's just a pain.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Here's a list of the "Enhancements": http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/moto_droid.pdf

(Says it's the ESE53 update.)

I don't want to install this update; however the wording 'mandatory' makes me wonder what we'll have to do to our phones to trick VZW that we've installed the update. My concern is that they'll make it so the phone doesn't work on their network without it.

Last edited by banden; 03-16-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Bunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good workBunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good work

Isn't that the page for the 2.0.1 update?

Edit: Nevermind, I found another page saying that it is software build ESE53/BP: C_01.3E.03P.

Last edited by Bunsen Honeydew; 03-16-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Bunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good workBunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good work

Another question. If we are rooted and decide to update, could we always apply the older 2.0.1 update and re-root if we decide to?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunsen Honeydew View Post
Another question. If we are rooted and decide to update, could we always apply the older 2.0.1 update and re-root if we decide to?
No, you won't be able to do that. You will need to use the 2.01 SBF file which will completely wipe your phone, activation and all, and then start over again (which is why I'm not looking at doing it).
Old 03-16-2010, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

91ludesit is keeping up the good work91ludesit is keeping up the good work

My phone still says it is up to date hmmm, I will do it if it's available.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So since I'm running Droidmod, it will block the update right?
Old 03-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ESE53 has been leaked a while back... most of us at alldroid are already running it.. and we're all rooted. I don't see the point of waiting for this update.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid