PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 06:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Windsponge is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
which do you think will be better.

We should have 2.1 by september I would like to know what all of you think.Will windows 7mobile be better than 2.1 android. I can get new then and am really thinking about which will really be better. Keep in mind I really like games and so far I am ver disappointed in android so far.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: which do you think will be better.

I don't think you'll get an UNBIASED answer in the Droid forum.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Hard to say. It will ultimately depend on a few things about the Windows phone such as how many developers will be actively working it. Considering it's a whole new system people will need to develop specifically for the platform.

If I were a gamer I wouldn't care much about the 2.1 release... the flash support is going to be huge for gamers, plus android recently added some game developing and 3d stuff to their software development kit.

What 3d games have you downloaded? I trust you've purchased all the Nintendo emulators?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:26 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I really like driving games.Do you think that rooting and speeding up processor makes droid better. I really need to do something to get me interested again. It really isn't anything to do with 2.1. I love browsing on droid but other things make me miss my i phone and omnia.Games on Iphone were best. Do you think android will catch up some what?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

Humpa is keeping up the good workHumpa is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to Humpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsponge View Post
I really like driving games.Do you think that rooting and speeding up processor makes droid better. I really need to do something to get me interested again. It really isn't anything to do with 2.1. I love browsing on droid but other things make me miss my i phone and omnia.Games on Iphone were best. Do you think android will catch up some what?
Have you tried polarbit games? Their new Raging Thunder2 racing game is arguably one of the best. It is rather large, but it installs the graphics to the sdcard on first launch.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omni 2 and droid
Carrier: verizon

Dmordarski is just getting started

honestly if you want a gaming machine carry a ps3, who knows what windows mobile 7 is going to be, maybe just a new GUI over the old 6 series, no one knows. For little fun games android has several that I like, monopoly, abduction, air control, nintaii, robo defense, speed forge 3d, bebbled. I believe that the next 3.0 android will solve the memory issues and the phones will ship with gigs of storage available. Then the developers will be able to produce some serious games.
Verizon
Old 03-16-2010, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmordarski View Post
honestly if you want a gaming machine carry a ps3, who knows what windows mobile 7 is going to be, maybe just a new GUI over the old 6 series, no one knows. For little fun games android has several that I like, monopoly, abduction, air control, nintaii, robo defense, speed forge 3d, bebbled. I believe that the next 3.0 android will solve the memory issues and the phones will ship with gigs of storage available. Then the developers will be able to produce some serious games.
They know and are learning more every few minutes at Mix. Windows Phone 7 Series is not UI over WM6, it is a totally different OS. There will a bunch of things it can't do. No storage card, no task management, no copy/paste, no Silverlight in IE. There will be multitouch, hubs, games, and some apps with task management like Pandora so it can run in the back ground while you do something else, and better integration with social apps.

I think I am happy I made the jump to Android. Windows Phone 7 Series sounds like a damn iPhone clone.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 03-16-2010, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

Humpa is keeping up the good workHumpa is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to Humpa

No storage card? No one will buy it without one - this aint the "we'll blindly follow Steve Jobs anywhere" crowd.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thanks ya'll. It does sound a lot like a IPhone. I have tried some of polarbit. I didn't like raging thunder 1 haven't tried two yet. I really wan't to root and run some of the rom on here but I'm not relly at ease with android yet.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid