PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Droid
Carrier: Verizon

pscpa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
a few issues with the Droid...

A few slight issues with my Droid:

1) When watching a video (Act 1 Video player) the voice and movie get unsynced often. I have to restart the phone at least one time to fix. Is there a better way to fix.

2) Every time I get an email I get two different icons in the Notification Bar. One looks like an envelope with an "M" on it the other is an envelope with an "@" on it. How do I get rid of one of these?

Thanks in advance for any help with these issues.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: a few issues with the Droid...

1.) This happens with MP4's for some reason. My iPod does this often. Not sure how to fix it.

2.) Go to whichever email account you don't want to show in the NB and go into the account settings menu and uncheck "email notifications". Do this for G-mail and it will only show the new email icon and not the g-mail icon. If you don't want it to obnoxiously notify you every 15 minutes outloud, set the ringers on each to silent. this is what I had to do anyway.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

crspang is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscpa View Post

1) When watching a video (Act 1 Video player) the voice and movie get unsynced often. I have to restart the phone at least one time to fix. Is there a better way to fix.

2) Every time I get an email I get two different icons in the Notification Bar. One looks like an envelope with an "M" on it the other is an envelope with an "@" on it. How do I get rid of one of these?
You have your gmail account synced with the "e-mail app" AND with "gmail app". You can open your "email app" and press menu>account settings>uncheck "email notifications" or you can do that in the "gmail app" just don't do it in both.

Hope that helps. Sorry I don't have an answer for the video.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

pscpa is a n00b

Email issue is now totally fixed! Thanks!

Anybody have any ideas about the MP4 sync issue?
Old 02-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does it fall out of sync after pausing or FF/RW? I have my phone and iPod both outputting to my in-dash video system in my truck, and hey both seem to do this after I pause the video or mess with it somehow. Originally I thought it was a problem with the way it converted/copied, but it isn't.
I just replicated the situation on my phone. For some reason, if I just play the movie without fast-forwarding or pausing, the audio is spot-on. Each time I pause it or fast forward it, I gets a tad more off, and i have to kill the player and restart it to get it back on. It's like the audio and video stop and start at slightly different times or there is lag in the audio before stopping or starting. If you have Advanced Task Killer, kill the player and restart the movie and it should be back on again. At least you won't have to reboot. I guess with MP4's, we'll just have to watch the movie without interruption or deal with the lag. Don't worry, it must be a typical thing because both my iPod Touch 32g and my Droid do it. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a solution.

Maybe you could try converting the movie file to a different type supported by the Droid and see if that works.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 02-12-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 02-12-2010, 01:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

pscpa is a n00b

What other movie formats are supported by the Droid?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI

I don't even know what some of these are so I'm not sure which ones are video format.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 02-12-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscpa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI

I don't even know what some of these are so I'm not sure which ones are video format.

The audio being out of sync with with is probably caused by a large video file. MP4 is just a container which can hold MANY formats... the small list above lists all the different format. Generally speaking, MP4s are usually encoded using the H.264 these days...

I'd suggest learning how to use a Video Encoder of some sort... Google Up HandBrake and Droid Video. It should teach you how to re-encode videos and decrypted DVD's into a PERFECT Droid playable video...
Old 02-18-2010, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omni 2 and droid
Carrier: verizon

Dmordarski is just getting started

I just got YXFlash, it can do Mpeg1/2/4, Flash, DivX, Xvid, WMV and iPod format videos. cost 9 dollars

My issues with the droid, are No Spell Check with email and SMS, and no ignore call and SMS caller
Verizon

Last edited by Dmordarski; 02-18-2010 at 08:39 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid