PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ronaldheld is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock Your Droid. (800MHz, 900MHz and 1GHz)

I am misunderstanding something. I get the *.img file, download to the card. I put it in which subdirectory and then exactly do what with it on the phone?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
I am misunderstanding something. I get the *.img file, download to the card. I put it in which subdirectory and then exactly do what with it on the phone?
you do the command "flash_image" to flash that file to your boot.

and update on my OC seems after a full discharge and going to sleep my phone was still on 20% charging for like 4-5hrs i battery pull and its on 50% on boot and then 60% minutes after... so im not quite sure wtf is up with my battery
Old 02-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Zombie,

I still say to call and have them send you a replacement battery before your 90 day warranty is up.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Threadstarter

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by banden View Post
Zombie,

I still say to call and have them send you a replacement battery before your 90 day warranty is up.
well according to the moto support site my warrenty was up the day i bought the phone.. or day before... and im kind of interested as in why it happens... if i use non-OC boot images im okay but anything with an OC the first charge after the flash i always seem to have that one freezing percent and then just charges from there in the slow manor it does..
Old 02-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: vzn

dustinmj is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
i added a zip containing some temp monitor programs in the first post although i do believe it only works when its been opened because its "on demand" but it displays the temp in the notification bar.
Hello, I am the developer of the TempMonitor app you have posted here. I would like to kindly request that you remove this file from the thread, and cease hosting it. Please link to the original thread on Alldroid if you would like.

The thread can be found here: alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=207&t=1913&start=0

Thank you.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:56 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinmj View Post
Hello, I am the developer of the TempMonitor app you have posted here. I would like to kindly request that you remove this file from the thread, and cease hosting it. Please link to the original thread on Alldroid if you would like.

The thread can be found here: alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=207&t=1913&start=0

Thank you.
Attachment deleted per your request! Replaced with your above link!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 02-03-2010 at 09:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:35 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I finally broke down and installed the Blue Glass Rom and then clocked it at 1ghz. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. Everything is snappier and smoother overall and he added some really nice touches to the ROM. I like the stock browser with pinch to zoom and tap to zoom, easy integration of wifi tether, and the new galleries and such. So far, all is well. No excessive heat, battery is charging fine and battery life seems to only have been slightly reduced (pretty good considering it's running almost twice the previous processor speed). I might set it back down to 800 mghz if I dont get enough battery life to last a full day at 1ghz.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 02-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Threadstarter

anyone happen to have " evilboot950m " in nandroid form since tas doesn't and the 1.1GHz FC and then freezes on boot everytime i tried.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ronaldheld is just getting started

Using the sholes 2.0.3 ROM and downloaded SetCPU from the Marketplace. What are the correct settings for the app so I can try the various speeds?
Old 02-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
Using the sholes 2.0.3 ROM and downloaded SetCPU from the Marketplace. What are the correct settings for the app so I can try the various speeds?
click "Auto Detect" when it asks what device your running.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid