PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Motorola Droid on Cricket?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105690)

alfredo-x 01-10-2010 11:48 PM

Motorola Droid on Cricket??

does anyone know if it is possible to configure the Motorola Droid to work on cricket??

i mean... it's on verizon, so i would guess you can probably just update the PRL, make the appropiate changes in the PST menu, and then it should work right?

has anyone tried it?

i mean, same for MMS and internet, in windows mobile it gives you access to configuring all those settings manually, so i'm assuming the motorola droid would be even more user-friendly and give you a lot of cuztomization i would assume...

i mean i currently have an HTC Touch Pro 2 running on cricket, and it's great, and i like it... but Windows Mobile is just so limited on what it can do, the eye-candy is pretty crappy, and i don't find windows mobile good for anything except making appointments on calendar, sending txt msgs, and making calls... other than that it's pretty bland...

any info would be helpful. :salute:

kc720 01-11-2010 01:57 PM

Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

the data settings dont stick on the phone. seems to revert to verizon or not write at all. as far as loading prl for talk and text, it can be dont thru virtual port to create a com port

alfredo-x 01-13-2010 08:24 PM

the data settings don't stick on the phone??

wow talk about being "open source"...

so you are saying you also can not configure a verizon droid phone to work on sprint??

that is the most BS i've heard so far... what a bunch of a-holes...

it's ironic that windows mobile phones would be more configurable... god i hate this

and then what do you mean about a virtual port? don't droid phones have an EPST menu??

blazingwolf 01-13-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfredo-x (Post 1486197)
the data settings don't stick on the phone??

wow talk about being "open source"...

so you are saying you also can not configure a verizon droid phone to work on sprint??

that is the most BS i've heard so far... what a bunch of a-holes...

it's ironic that windows mobile phones would be more configurable... god i hate this

and then what do you mean about a virtual port? don't droid phones have an EPST menu??

It's not BS. The Droid is a Verizon exclusive. Of course they don't want you to take it to another carrier.

alfredo-x 01-13-2010 11:04 PM

umm yes it is because it takes away user-reconfigurability from you!

and i'm not just talking about the motorola droid phone, i'm talking about any android phone!

just like how verizon tried to rip off thousands of people by making them buy their crapped up version of the HTC Touch Pro, with LESS ram than what the RETAIL version of the touch pro had, and what everyone did was buy an htc touch pro 2 from sprint, and then configured it for use on verizon!

same thing with the touch pro 2, and other similar windows mobile phones, you BUY the phone, you unlock it, and the phone is YOURS, so you should be able to configure it to use it with any other carrier!

anyways i didn't come here for trolls or replies from people who don't even know how to configure a phone, can i please get an educated reply from someone that KNOWS about this?

and also, is this for ALL droid phones, or are other phones like the new google nexus one, able to be programmed to work on cricket or something of the such??

blazingwolf 01-14-2010 08:55 AM

Wow, I think you need to back off the attitude. Let me know when you do that and I might lend a hand until then good luck getting it done.

Maverick0984 01-14-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfredo-x (Post 1486731)
just like how verizon tried to rip off thousands of people by making them buy their crapped up version of the HTC Touch Pro, with LESS ram than what the RETAIL version of the touch pro had, and what everyone did was buy an htc touch pro 2 from sprint, and then configured it for use on verizon!

Verizon disabled this as far as I know.

Quote:

same thing with the touch pro 2, and other similar windows mobile phones, you BUY the phone, you unlock it, and the phone is YOURS, so you should be able to configure it to use it with any other carrier!
Actually, Sprint doesn't allow any outside phones on their network from what I've heard. They will not add the ESN to their DB.

Quote:

anyways i didn't come here for trolls or replies from people who don't even know how to configure a phone, can i please get an educated reply from someone that KNOWS about this?

and also, is this for ALL droid phones, or are other phones like the new google nexus one, able to be programmed to work on cricket or something of the such??
I think YOU are the one that is misinformed here. Don't get mad at facts if you can't afford a real carrier. Most of the "unlocking" and "any carrier" nonsense is moreso with GSM and hopping around AT&T and T-Mobile. You see far far less of this in the CDMA world.

Fact: Verizon didn't spend all that money in advertising for you to take their intellectual property to a different carrier. They have every right to do this and as much as you want to believe, this isn't as "common place" as you try and make it seem. Get off your soap box.

tvandyck7 01-15-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfredo-x (Post 1486731)

WOW! He called the father of the #1 Omnia i910 custom cooked rom an ignorant troll! HOLY SHART...

nerdherd 01-15-2010 01:49 AM

If only we could downrank specific posts like on Engadget...(yes I know we can vote on entire threads, but that's not quite specific enough for my tastes).

rossi636 01-15-2010 10:11 AM

Maybe you should buy a Sholes. Funny watching 2 Windows Mobile guys go at it in the Android droid forum:-)

The fact of the matter is, Anyone, especially VIP members on this site contribute to good, if not great advice in regards to developing. Whats the point at knocking advice or even opinion on this thread for that matter. I really would like to see this thread closed.

Also, this topic was easily search able.

Utilize it. I'm actually surprised that nobody has thrashed this guy yet!!!!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1593533