PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

yeah but they are charging $150 for the flash without web and mms and all that which is crazy (and i can do it my self)

here's a quick update,
Houdini is failing at 45 % and giving an error of an Unknown MAC Address, when i checked the mac address in houdini, it was showing the one from the phone not the network card that belongs to the pc that is registered with metropcs. that same mac address is also shown in the command prompt when typing ipconfig/all
before i connect the phone and start the flash process through houdini, it shows the computer's mac address, but once flashing begins, it switches over
houdini tech support didnt know what to do lol
Old 05-30-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>>>>Raphael/Touch Pro CDMA>>>>IMAGIO>>>Droid
Carrier: metroPCS

Wtanis is keeping up the good workWtanis is keeping up the good work
Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

no no no no.....i got mine flashed for around 120 with EVERYTHING. web mms talk text and wifi still works.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: sprint

snakeb is a n00b

hey can u help me with the verzion driod over to cricket can u tell me what i got to do thanks so much
Old 06-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeb View Post
hey can u help me with the verzion driod over to cricket can u tell me what i got to do thanks so much
There are two basic ways to flash it. The longer way, more code/file pushing. or pay someone who has the paid solution "a basic 3 click operation" + the basic flash and nv files.
To do it your self take a look at howardforums in the cricket forum there is a long thread on it.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: ALLTEL

hookupwireless808 is a n00b

I recently successfully flash themotorola droid to mobi pcs with web but my problem is i cant receive text for some reason sending it is no problem, talk is no problem, and internet is super. just receiving text please let me know if there is such fix. hey mike that is the only problem that i been having just the receiving text

Last edited by hookupwireless808; 06-15-2010 at 03:12 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kamitsuna is just getting started

I paid 60 dollars yesterday for a full flash of my girlfriend droid to cricket. So far, it works perfectly.

I dont believe what the flasher did was exactly legal....but what he did worked.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamitsuna View Post
I paid 60 dollars yesterday for a full flash of my girlfriend droid to cricket. So far, it works perfectly.

I dont believe what the flasher did was exactly legal....but what he did worked.
Flashing is fully legal. Check with the FCC if your in doubt.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Metro PCS

wandererxman is a n00b

I moved my HTC Touch over to Metropcs which is bascially the same things as Cricket over a year ago and I have everything working on it, people just over complicate it. I brought my phone into a metro store and they charged me $40 to add it to the metro network[You have to do this with someone who can add you into the network so that they know it is a good phone and not stlen in anyway](I think it is $10 now, and I had to show the guy in the store how to flash it what a service) You have to unlock it first which involves getspc.exe which you put on your phone and it aks for the ESN off theback of your phone and spits out the code[Props to whoever cracked the code BTW] to access the engineering menus under ##778# and ##3424# to place it into device/programming mode fo r the Qualcomm program at least on my phone, it is different for every model of phone and you have to then load QPST[just search for qpst download and it comes up on yahoo] on your computer and change the code from whatever you got to 000000[which is basically the code for a fully unlocked phone]. You have to go to the configuration manager first and add the phone USB port, I had to uncheck the check box for it to show up, jut keep adding ports till it appears. Once it is unlocked it should flash, and sometimes it takes multiple tries[at least it did when I was showing the guy at the metro store how]. Then you can go on to configuring the internet and MMS which is a whole other thing and is specific in my case to Sprint so probably wont help, and I normally have to change some Registry settings that I never note what I changed.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Xda O2 Exec, Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Airtel,Reliance

imagecolour is a n00b

Has anybody got a Motorola Droid working on Reliance India(CDMA) and will it work on Reliance India CDMA.If yes please help me
Old 07-18-2010, 03:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

ryuaced is just getting started

Flashing droid isn't all that difficult, I have flashed 2 phones pushing using the motorola droid ful solution. Biggest problem seems to come with pc compatibility. Although My problem delves deeper into an abyss, since I am trying to flash alltel and alltel seems to not have any defined internet settings for their droid phones. meh

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid