PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 12:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6950
Carrier: Cricket

ljohnson1981 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

I am the new Special Olympic Participant because I cant even change the F*@KING PRL on this P.O.S.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid A855

XSYLUS is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljohnson1981 View Post
I am the new Special Olympic Participant because I cant even change the F*@KING PRL on this P.O.S.

Well, if you don't want it I'll be glad to take it off of your hands

Correct USB driver + HW Virtual Serial Port + QPST + correct PRL for your carrier = easy part. Hard part = EVDO settings (even the pros are struggling with getting EVDO settings to stick)

web link -> corolada dot com/prl/ <-- Great source of PRLs
Old 01-30-2010, 03:41 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo-x View Post
well these people aren't familiar to me, i don't know the "father's" of any cooked stuff for anything that isn't for HTC devices... like ryanmogul, NRG, mightymike... but w/e
and no i'm not going to surf the forums for who did something "important" or whatever.

anyways i found a few videos of some people that have configured the Verizon droid on cricket, they even have a company that charges to flash cell phones... but of course, they themselves point out that the settings don't stick for some reason... they keep reverting back to sprint.

but they did have internet, gps, mms, sms, voice calls working... but in these forums i don't see any section for droid hacking... all we have is this forum, and it seems dedicated to general talk...

and the reason why i called some of you trolls was because you bring up irrelevant crap to my question.

look around these forums, 60% of the people that use these forums, use them to unlock phones, and then flash them to either other carriers or to flash the crappy stock ROM that comes with most of them.

and i don't think even 1% of the community gives a rat's ass if "we hurt the carrier's feelings" by flashing and unlocking their devices... we we cared, everything that has been developed thus far wouldn't exist...

and i for one, am not going to take my wallet to the slaughterhouse at verizon, att, t-mobile, sprint... none of those carriers offers you a reasonable unlimited plan (including high speed data) for less than $50/mo.
only cricket does that... the only thing is they don't have any good smart phones... that's why i had to buy a used htc touch pro 2, unlock it, and flash it to cricket, now i get 3G/EVDO, and everything else for $50/mo

so there... just don't bring anymore of that crap, i'm only really interested in resources and any info i can gather about flashing or configuring a droid for cricket... or what exactly is the programming issue that they can't get past.
relax what your sayn man
Old 02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

alfredo-x you need to tone it down a notch, can the name calling and stop calling shit "gay" some of our user base is gay. so don't use it as a derogatory term.

Once i post the "watching you" spoof of the day, that seals this as your formal warning about your postings here.

thanks

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: ALLTEL

wolfordtw is keeping up the good workwolfordtw is keeping up the good workwolfordtw is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfordtw
Angry Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

Well hell, i guess since half the people in this thread about stuff that just isn't possible to do i'll take my turn....whaa whaa why can't i go to at&t and buy a nuviphone and just get an unlock code so i can put it on verizon with full gps, wap, mms, and calling....whaa whaa why doesn't my iphone work on verizon...whaa whaa why can't i get multitouch on my touch pro2....whaa whaa. Why can't i attach my big screen tv to my nintendo ds.....whaa whaa... I'm just gonna go blow my brains out.....whaa
Old 02-02-2010, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup
Carrier: Verizon

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo-x View Post
no i haven't flashed one since i don't have one but yeah i have flashed other phones, and electronics, so i am assuming virtual port is either a program, or the cable you use to flash the phone. (sort of like how we us QPST to change settings on cdma phones), and i am pretty sure when you say ppp settings, it's something like the epst settings of our normal cdma phones that are supposed to always stay intact even if the phone is reflashed... but for some reason those settings are getting reset...
Wow you seem to have all the answers why did you even post a question. I hate reading your post there to long winded and have little worth. You are an angry little man and should learn how to respect people that try to help. Name calling and angry responses is related to how stupid i think you are. I just quoted this post because it was most recent but i am talking about all your posts. Maybe your not an idiot but com on be productive in what you write. Dont let shit bother you.

Any way has any body called cricket to see if they will accept a droid to be flashed. That could prove that it could be easily done.

Last edited by phullofphil; 02-02-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup
Carrier: Verizon

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfordtw View Post
Well hell, i guess since half the people in this thread about stuff that just isn't possible to do i'll take my turn....whaa whaa why can't i go to at&t and buy a nuviphone and just get an unlock code so i can put it on verizon with full gps, wap, mms, and calling....whaa whaa why doesn't my iphone work on verizon...whaa whaa why can't i get multitouch on my touch pro2....whaa whaa. Why can't i attach my big screen tv to my nintendo ds.....whaa whaa... I'm just gonna go blow my brains out.....whaa
Atliest there is one thing you can do. LOL Just kidding thats not funny. Why cant cant you put a ds on the big screen.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: sprint

naughtyimports is a n00b

I was wondering if there is a new rom for the droid to fully flash it to cricket. or is there one in the works. would be really interested to help if i can. I just picked one up and got the prl loaded just fine but kinda wanted everything to work.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid A855

XSYLUS is a n00b
Post Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

www•flashingexpert•com/1/post/2010/01/first-post.html

Those guys haven't figured out EVDO yet...
Old 02-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro, touch diamond
Carrier: cricket

insanecain is a n00b

For those few of us that havent released the info (myself included)... its because we actually do phones for a living. When the guy next door takes info you posted and undercuts you.... it's not a good feeling.

So there are a small few of us enjoying EVDO.... personally I have been able to get working EVDO wap and mms on a cricket moto droid. I'm sure others will follow and have it soon enough, or it will leak.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid