PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 02:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

sos567656765 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom roms

I know it is still rather early in androids life but i am wondering if there are any plans to have some sort of support for android in the kitchen? Is something like that even possible? I would love to be able to tinker with building the perfect rom much like i did with my TP.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Re: Custom roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by sos567656765 View Post
I know it is still rather early in androids life but i am wondering if there are any plans to have some sort of support for android in the kitchen? Is something like that even possible? I would love to be able to tinker with building the perfect rom much like i did with my TP.
You must have missed the few threads here that discuss the 2.1 ROMs under development. They are probably even right on the first page of this forum.

A couple of the main ROMs are being developed and discussed over at alldroid.com.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

if you know linux and how to decompile .odex and can code .jar etc i think you'd be able to do a rom... other then that seems only those few select people are making roms and are producing them slowly.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If your talking about the kitchen from PPCKitchen.org, I would forget about it. WinMo and Android are two vastly different operating systems. There are no similarities between the two that would allow for a unified kitchen to be able to cook ROMs for both platforms.
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Old 01-01-2010, 01:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sos567656765 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
You must have missed the few threads here that discuss the 2.1 ROMs under development. They are probably even right on the first page of this forum.
I did notice them but thats not exactly what i am talking about. What i am talking about is this ˅˅˅˅˅˅˅˅˅˅˅˅

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjam View Post
If your talking about the kitchen from PPCKitchen.org, I would forget about it. WinMo and Android are two vastly different operating systems. There are no similarities between the two that would allow for a unified kitchen to be able to cook ROMs for both platforms.
Thats exactly what i am wondering about. I understand that winmo and android are completely different... but, if it was done for winmo can it be done for android? I understand that it would likely be a completely different program and that it isnt something that will be done tomorrow. but like z0mbiexxmentioned. if someone can decompile .odex and can code .jar they can make a custom rom. so how about make a program that is scripted to do that automatically.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Might try asking this question over at alldroid.org . The guys over there are well versed on Linux and would probably have a better idea if this is possible or not.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 01-01-2010, 02:24 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Might try asking this question over at alldroid.org . The guys over there are well versed on Linux and would probably have a better idea if this is possible or not. Most of us here have just been using windows and we're going to have to do some learning

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid