PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Custom roms (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104048)

sos567656765 12-31-2009 02:27 PM

Custom roms

I know it is still rather early in androids life but i am wondering if there are any plans to have some sort of support for android in the kitchen? Is something like that even possible? I would love to be able to tinker with building the perfect rom much like i did with my TP.

JonV 12-31-2009 03:15 PM

Re: Custom roms

Quote:

Originally Posted by sos567656765 (Post 1451327)
I know it is still rather early in androids life but i am wondering if there are any plans to have some sort of support for android in the kitchen? Is something like that even possible? I would love to be able to tinker with building the perfect rom much like i did with my TP.

You must have missed the few threads here that discuss the 2.1 ROMs under development. They are probably even right on the first page of this forum.

A couple of the main ROMs are being developed and discussed over at alldroid.com.

z0mbiexx 12-31-2009 04:23 PM

if you know linux and how to decompile .odex and can code .jar etc i think you'd be able to do a rom... other then that seems only those few select people are making roms and are producing them slowly.

parkjam 12-31-2009 05:59 PM

If your talking about the kitchen from PPCKitchen.org, I would forget about it. WinMo and Android are two vastly different operating systems. There are no similarities between the two that would allow for a unified kitchen to be able to cook ROMs for both platforms.

sos567656765 01-01-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonV (Post 1451497)
You must have missed the few threads here that discuss the 2.1 ROMs under development. They are probably even right on the first page of this forum.

I did notice them but thats not exactly what i am talking about. What i am talking about is this ˅˅˅˅˅˅˅˅˅˅˅˅

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkjam (Post 1451913)
If your talking about the kitchen from PPCKitchen.org, I would forget about it. WinMo and Android are two vastly different operating systems. There are no similarities between the two that would allow for a unified kitchen to be able to cook ROMs for both platforms.

Thats exactly what i am wondering about. I understand that winmo and android are completely different... but, if it was done for winmo can it be done for android? I understand that it would likely be a completely different program and that it isnt something that will be done tomorrow. but like z0mbiexxmentioned. if someone can decompile .odex and can code .jar they can make a custom rom. so how about make a program that is scripted to do that automatically.

breakmyfootoff 01-01-2010 02:19 PM

Might try asking this question over at alldroid.org . The guys over there are well versed on Linux and would probably have a better idea if this is possible or not.

breakmyfootoff 01-01-2010 02:24 PM

Might try asking this question over at alldroid.org . The guys over there are well versed on Linux and would probably have a better idea if this is possible or not. Most of us here have just been using windows and we're going to have to do some learning :)