PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2.1 from the rooted Nexus One is now released

http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=1078

The above link will lead you to the download for the 2.1 ROM for the Droid.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:40 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 2.1 from the rooted Nexus One is now released

Awesome find! I was trying one of the other 2.1 ROMs but it was causing my phone to not have a connection half the time (even after programming with *22 which was also eating my battery in about 7hours with very light usage. That and the fact that the backlighting was screwy made me revert back to 2.0.1 . Maybe this one will do better.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-31-2009, 01:12 AM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just figured out that the keyboard backlight doesnt work because all these 2.1 ROMs are being ported from a phone that doesnt have a physical keyboard lol. So I guess no backlight until we see an official 2.1 release for the Droid?
Old 12-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

im just going to keep my 2.1 rom until i working sense or offical droid 2.1 optimized rom is made.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:45 PM
That guy with the axe

If "a ROM with sense comes out I'll download it immediately to keep just in case HTC issues another C&D.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:46 PM

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

yeah i'd download it just to see if those "HTC widgets" are on it some those looked nice but eris just isn't as nice a phone to get it for just those lol.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work

Do you think the 2.1 rom is worth the upgrade? I just want to make sure it's better than 2.0 before I root and flash.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:36 PM

i think 2.1 is way better then 2.0.1 but the marketplace doesn't show my apps installed, the keyboard backlight doesn't work and theres a bug in landscape since its a rom based off a phone with no keyboard. so if those bugs won't bother you its worth trying out.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:02 AM
That guy with the axe

One other bug it had on mine that bugged the hell outta me was tapping on the clock in beautiful widgets didnt open my alarm clock anymore. The waaaayyyy improved gallery and the waterfall app list were really cool, but I wanted my KB backlight to work more than I wanted those other improvements. On another note, the Nandroid back up saved every single setting on my phone, so going back to 2.0.1 was as easy as rebooting the phone and it was back to normal , plus it's still rooted so I dont have to worry about all that when a good ROM comes out that I want to try
Old 01-01-2010, 03:06 AM

Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ERD72) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff
One other bug it had on mine that bugged the hell outta me was tapping on the clock in beautiful widgets didnt open my alarm clock anymore. The waaaayyyy improved gallery and the waterfall app list were really cool, but I wanted my KB backlight to work more than I wanted those other improvements. On another note, the Nandroid back up saved every single setting on my phone, so going back to 2.0.1 was as easy as rebooting the phone and it was back to normal , plus it's still rooted so I dont have to worry about all that when a good ROM comes out that I want to try
That's because no alarm clock app

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid