PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   2.1 from the rooted Nexus One is now released (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103956)

blazingwolf 12-30-2009 11:31 PM

2.1 from the rooted Nexus One is now released

http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=1078

The above link will lead you to the download for the 2.1 ROM for the Droid. :D

breakmyfootoff 12-31-2009 12:40 AM

Re: 2.1 from the rooted Nexus One is now released

Awesome find! I was trying one of the other 2.1 ROMs but it was causing my phone to not have a connection half the time (even after programming with *228) which was also eating my battery in about 7hours with very light usage. That and the fact that the backlighting was screwy made me revert back to 2.0.1 . Maybe this one will do better. :D

breakmyfootoff 12-31-2009 01:12 AM

Just figured out that the keyboard backlight doesnt work because all these 2.1 ROMs are being ported from a phone that doesnt have a physical keyboard lol. So I guess no backlight until we see an official 2.1 release for the Droid?

z0mbiexx 12-31-2009 08:56 AM

im just going to keep my 2.1 rom until i working sense or offical droid 2.1 optimized rom is made.

breakmyfootoff 12-31-2009 04:45 PM

If "a ROM with sense comes out I'll download it immediately to keep just in case HTC issues another C&D.

z0mbiexx 12-31-2009 04:46 PM

yeah i'd download it just to see if those "HTC widgets" are on it some those looked nice but eris just isn't as nice a phone to get it for just those lol.

jrodizzkool01 12-31-2009 07:34 PM

Do you think the 2.1 rom is worth the upgrade? I just want to make sure it's better than 2.0 before I root and flash.

z0mbiexx 12-31-2009 07:36 PM

i think 2.1 is way better then 2.0.1 but the marketplace doesn't show my apps installed, the keyboard backlight doesn't work and theres a bug in landscape since its a rom based off a phone with no keyboard. so if those bugs won't bother you its worth trying out. :)

breakmyfootoff 01-01-2010 03:02 AM

One other bug it had on mine that bugged the hell outta me was tapping on the clock in beautiful widgets didnt open my alarm clock anymore. The waaaayyyy improved gallery and the waterfall app list were really cool, but I wanted my KB backlight to work more than I wanted those other improvements. On another note, the Nandroid back up saved every single setting on my phone, so going back to 2.0.1 was as easy as rebooting the phone and it was back to normal :thumbleft:, plus it's still rooted so I dont have to worry about all that when a good ROM comes out that I want to try :)

z0mbiexx 01-01-2010 03:06 AM

Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ERD72) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff
One other bug it had on mine that bugged the hell outta me was tapping on the clock in beautiful widgets didnt open my alarm clock anymore. The waaaayyyy improved gallery and the waterfall app list were really cool, but I wanted my KB backlight to work more than I wanted those other improvements. On another note, the Nandroid back up saved every single setting on my phone, so going back to 2.0.1 was as easy as rebooting the phone and it was back to normal :thumbleft:, plus it's still rooted so I dont have to worry about all that when a good ROM comes out that I want to try :)

That's because no alarm clock app