PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 11:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Droid
Carrier: Verizon

pscpa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
album cover art showing up in Gallery 2 or 2.1

I just installed Gallery 2.1 hoping it would prevent the album art from my music files from showing up in the gallery. I have tried the ".nomedia" fix and the art no longer shows up in Gallery BUT the music doesn't show up in the music player. Does anyone know how to prevent the album art from showing up in the Gallery. In WM I would just set a folder location for the Gallery but I can't seem to do that on the Droid. Thanks!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:05 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: album cover art showing up in Gallery 2 or 2.1

Make sure that you didn't append a period to the music folder, which hides it. I am using the nomedia fix and its working ok for music as well.

Edit: I actually checked again and now my music is missing. Very annoying. Let me see if I can find anything.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 12-31-2009 at 01:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

pscpa is a n00b

Thank you for taking the time to look at this issue. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a solution. It would be great if we could look at pics without having to slog through all of the album art!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscpa View Post
Thank you for taking the time to look at this issue. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a solution. It would be great if we could look at pics without having to slog through all of the album art!
Now I'm trying to figure out I am NOT seeing album art in either Gallery app. Seems like I had the problem at one time but I can't recall what I did to change it. Mmmm. Let me think a bit.

Maybe I don't understand art or perhaps art can differ. In each of my album folders I have files named:
AlbumArtSmall.jpg
AlbumArt_{hex}_Large.jpg
AlbumArt_{hex}_Small.jpg
Folder

I can see these files using Astro however I see that are considered hidden files when I mount my sdcard to my PC.

Is this the same art y'all are talking about?

Last edited by JonV; 12-31-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:27 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

My Album art is being pulled from the mp3s its embedded into. So I can't very well delete it, or hide it without hiding my music as well.

Makes me sad.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
My Album art is being pulled from the mp3s its embedded into. So I can't very well delete it, or hide it without hiding my music as well.

Makes me sad.
Shows what I know. What do you mean by embedded? In the MP3s or in jpgs in the same folder? I assume you mean jpgs but they are not hidden files? I've been ripping these albums over the years and never made much mind to the art as it just worked.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:27 PM
The Pusher

The mp3 file itself contains the artwork. So basically, the jpg is 'built' into the mp3 file. The gallery is able to read embedded artwork, apparently.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:50 PM
The Pusher

So I deleted the album artwork that was shown in the gallery and it hasnt come back--yet. Being that its embedded in the mp3 files, I still have it in the music players as well.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:00 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

pscpa is a n00b

There are thumbnails all over this directory structure. Which ones did you delete to make this work?
Old 01-01-2010, 02:08 AM
The Pusher

I'm not sure. When I went to the details of the thumbs, the location was blank. So I deleted them from the library. Keep in mind that my album art is embedded, so it cannot be deleted by the gallery, not really.

I checked, my mp3s still show the album art.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid