PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 01:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid/hTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

HemDroid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.1 from the rooted Nexus One is now released

Does 2.1 fix the yahoo email trouble? I've done the imap deal and am able to get my messages,(3 or 4 copies of each one?) But it deletes the mail from the yahoo server, and since I have 2 yahoo accounts set up this way, that is causing issues too. Anyway, I didn't know if this was a yahoo, Google, or android problem.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

this one definatly seems faster then the first 2.1 rom (greeks .41) that was out... this one also allowed me to use metamorph with not having to do anything but install Andexplorer as well..

also anyone notice all the 2.1 roms have no dailer when you activate the phone (*22 i have to do alt then the 1 key or 2 to update the stuff.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:26 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
this one definatly seems faster then the first 2.1 rom (greeks .41) that was out... this one also allowed me to use metamorph with not having to do anything but install Andexplorer as well..

also anyone notice all the 2.1 roms have no dailer when you activate the phone (*22 i have to do alt then the 1 key or 2 to update the stuff.
Mine did that too, I was glad I was able to use the keyboard for that, even thought it ended up not solving my issue though. Might just be the region I'm in.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 01-01-2010, 07:28 PM

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Mine did that too, I was glad I was able to use the keyboard for that, even thought it ended up not solving my issue though. Might just be the region I'm in.
im just hoping we get an offical 2.1 update soon so we can have a optimized full droid working 2.1 rom
Old 01-02-2010, 06:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2

ac520 is just getting started

So I took the plunge to 2.1 and am loving it so far. I have unlocked several WinMo devices in the past but was a bit nervous rooting my Droid and flashing my first ROM but with all the awesome How-To’s on this site the other android related sites it was a snap.

The first 2.1 image I flashed to was the Nexus One 2.1 (build ERD79) ported to Droid. I ran that one for several hours until I realized it did not have the Corporate Calendar app which is a complete deal breaker for me. But while I was on that ROM I was really digging it. It was quick and very usable.

From there I went to the Dec 24 build of flan 2.1 by humancyborg (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8U5PEXWV) which has the Corporate Calendar app and from what I can tell, several other fixes.
I have been on this build for a day and again I am really loving it. No serious issues so far… but the day is still young. I have noticed a couple of issues that haven’t caused me any problems but thought I would mention them for those care…

The KB backlight works some times. I have not messed around with it enough to figure out when it does and doesn’t work but I can tell you that that light is there and I would imagine there is some logic as to how or why it is operating.
I also noticed some landscape “glitches” when closing the physical KB. Nothing serious, just a bit laggy at times.

Other than that I have not found any major issues with this build.

For anyone who is on the fence about flashing to a 2.1 build I would have to say it is close enough to stable to take the plunge. I am new to the android scene so I have no point of reference when it comes to the relativity of the word “Stable” but from a WinMo 6.5.x perspective… android 2.1 on the Moto Droid is extremely stable.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:42 PM

the new greek rom 1.0 which should be out soon

-A working Keyboard backlight fix. We are 75% there now. This is expected to be at 100% by reproducing approx 90% of true functionality.
-A tune up to the app drawer (Launcher2) I am writing this myself.
-A framework upgrade to ERD-79
-A fix again for the phone dialer programming menu.
-Any other opensource fixes and tune ups I come across...

Here is what is currently unfixable until someone successfully recompiles framework:

-Lock screen glytch with keyboard opening
-100% True backlight function with key event control
Old 01-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Thanks zombiexx you rock... even if your avatar makes my 2 year old cry and run away from the computer whenever I visit PPCGeeks.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banden View Post
Thanks zombiexx you rock... even if your avatar makes my 2 year old cry and run away from the computer whenever I visit PPCGeeks.
it just ensures you have 100% attention span to the phone

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid