PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How is your battery life while (((Rooted)))

What kind of battery life do you get with your Droid?

I'm curious to see if the life is extended if you have it Rooted. Post your results.

Last edited by hypeo; 12-30-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:36 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How is your battery life??

Right now I'm getting about 6 or 7 hours, but I'm constantly on it (almost literally). There was one day where I used it a little less than all the time and the battery status said 13 hours since it was unplugged. Watching movies on it seems like it will drain in about 5 hours. I think it's going to get pretty good battery life after some of the new wears off and my usage goes back to normal.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Sanddunejunki

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I unplugged mine this morning at 8:30 was on it all day.. If I wasn't someone else was.. its 11:25 now and I just plugged it back in. it was at 20%..

I'm pretty happy.. I would have had to charge my HTC Touch at least once probably twice, for the same amount of use..
Old 11-27-2009, 01:42 AM
Laying low in smoke
Threadstarter

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I hear you on that. i used to have the touch pro and that sucked battery. Thanx for ur info on the battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanddunejunki View Post
I unplugged mine this morning at 8:30 was on it all day.. If I wasn't someone else was.. its 11:25 now and I just plugged it back in. it was at 20%..

I'm pretty happy.. I would have had to charge my HTC Touch at least once probably twice, for the same amount of use..
Old 11-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Laying low in smoke
Threadstarter

So for those that came from a WM phone, how is it compared to that??
Old 11-27-2009, 02:33 PM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Its really hard to give a good comparison right now since I'm using it all the time. It seems to do better than my Vogue did with NFSFAN's 6.5 rom. I'll let it run down today from 100% and then check the battery stats in it to see how long it lasted, and I'll try to keep track of everything I do with it too .
Old 11-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Laying low in smoke
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Its really hard to give a good comparison right now since I'm using it all the time. It seems to do better than my Vogue did with NFSFAN's 6.5 rom. I'll let it run down today from 100% and then check the battery stats in it to see how long it lasted, and I'll try to keep track of everything I do with it too .
Thanx for that. This would be very good info to obtain.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moto droid

_xv6800 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
So for those that came from a WM phone, how is it compared to that??
it is better than my xv6800 ever was.

I've had it 3 full weeks so some of the 'new' is worn off for me and a typical day plays out as follows

I'll start the day with a full charge at 6:00am and use it all day to;

stream music either from sd or pandora via bluetooth all day - hit the web a bit - check email accts every 15 min or so - maybe even do 10 mins games and another 10 on youtube or some similar streamed video.. using both 3g and wifi... oh and I probably talk on it for about 20-30 minutes too ( lol it's still a phone! )

If I continue till she dies I'll make it to 6-8pm... so a solid 12+ hours

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

but to be honest it really doesn't matter as I sit in front of a computer all day which when combined with an extra microusb cable becomes a charger and I also have a car charger ..

When I was rocking the xv6800 this was a big plus as I needed to have it connected to mini-usb fairly often to support the above type of usage.

.................................................. .........................................

When navigating in the car the battery usage is much higher I have found as the screen is forced on and the display is the biggest power user on the phone except talking.

I have navigated w/o the car charger hooked up and it will probably go 2-3 hours before running dry maybe longer - I don't know for sure - but definetly not as long as it goes when the screen is asleep most of the time.

for comparison my xv6800 also worked best for navigation when plugged into a car charger even though I was using an external bluetooth gps reciever (garmin).

So overall the battery is improved over my older phone even when navigating but I would recommend getting a car charger if you plan to do a good bit of navi with this device.

Last edited by _xv6800; 11-27-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

thelunatick is a n00b

My 6800 was getting as little as 6 hours without use sometimes (some network searching issue)

My droid with heavy use is getting 10 hours, with little use is getting 36+ (plugged it in anyway because I didn't want it dead in the morning)

I keep wifi and gps off though.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:12 PM
That guy with the axe

OK, so far I'm showing 6 hours and 6 minutes since last unplugged. I used the google nav feature for a full 45 minutes to drive to the BestBuy in a nearby city (I didnt need it, but I used it any way cause its cool , placed 7 phone calls for a total of about 30 minutes of phone time, played a heavily GPS dependant game called "Zombie Run" for about 10 minutes, watched part of a movie for 10 minutes (was just showing off the screen to someone), during the same show off session (what turned into almost 2 hours of useage) I also used Google Skymap, the TuneWiki, some noise maker apps, some internet searches using the voice command feature, photo slide show, took some video (at 720p quality) and watched the video playback, downloaded a song with iMusic, listened to some online radio, played iFight, showed off the LED flashlight, played with the weather widget some, I used the barcode scanner quite a bit in Bestbuy to check online prices for some items, and sent some texts. It's been almost constant use since I unplugged it over 6 hours ago and I was using the battery intensive GPS quite a bit, there was at least a solid hour of GPS usage, and I'm at 40% battery life left. I'd have to say thats pretty impressive. I'll continue to let it run till I get to 0% just so I can report back on the full battery cycle

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid