PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 04:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: droid, tp torch, titan, apache, omnia 2, tp2
Carrier: vzw, sprint

gootgolly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anyone find dolphin bizarre?

Nice would be for it to work as methodically and logically as firefox. Has anyone tried opera yet?
Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Re: anyone find dolphin bizarre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gootgolly View Post
Nice would be for it to work as methodically and logically as firefox. Has anyone tried opera yet?
Opera Mini for Android or is there a full opera out for android now? Or do you mean did we use it on WinMo. Yes, probably most of us coming from WinMo used Opera. And yes, Dolphin does things differently enough that I can agree it's bizarre. Alternatives on Android? Firefox or Opera?
Old 12-28-2009, 05:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

gootgolly is a n00b

Dolphin is very close to excellent yet whacky enough to being miles away. I am almost inclined to get one more, completely gut it and then load up maybe ubunto and firefox for pc.

I think it is doable and would cure many ailments
Old 12-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

I have kind of come full circle and back to Dolphin.

Steel is OK. I initially downloaded it to see if I could access certain content on it. It really seems to gain access to more filetypes. (Even after installing Crutch)

Opera for me was pretty agonizing on the high resolution Droid screen. It looked terribly ugly, although it does let you upload files through it's built in directory system... so it does serve a purpose.

Dolphin's won me over, downloading videos from Youtube, tabs, gestures, pinching. I think it really needs a tips and tricks because it does take a bit to get used to. I love having a 'forward' gesture... double tap to hide/show the tabs...
Old 12-28-2009, 07:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

gootgolly is a n00b

The way it does not handle tabs and bookmarks is as bewildering as the droids as shipped user interface and lack of essentials.

Ive spent no time with an iphone and perhaps I'm dense for possibly being unaware this device and supporting apps are for those folks.

Do any of you run version 8ish or higher ubunto and notice how much it feels like windows yet works teats with very little conventional protection?

So of the browsers you have tried, which seems sensible and is tabbed? Perhaps dolphin is just a bit buggy but it would be just about unuseable without the gestures and still, mine will most always open history when I want my bookmarks....and I suppose I may be overlooking how to make it function strictly tabbed.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:03 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

gootgolly is a n00b

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts Please try again in 29 seconds.....

And that message on dolphin and safari almost everytime I post

Plenty memory left, just cleared cache and history to see if it still happens.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gootgolly View Post
The way it does not handle tabs and bookmarks is as bewildering as the droids as shipped user interface and lack of essentials.

....and I suppose I may be overlooking how to make it function strictly tabbed.
Dolphin does use a tabbed interface but perhaps differently. It opens with one tab going. When you click the plus on the upper right, you can select a site from your history or your favorites, etc. Then that site opens in a new tab. Then the upper left shows your two open tabs and you can switch back and forth by clicking on the tab. A menu item toggles the hide/show tabs setting. The menu Windows item reduces each tab into mini "windows" you can flick left or right.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid