PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 04:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

HKO10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems with calls..

My boyfriend got the Droid 2 weeks ago and is already on his second one... But just wondering if anyone has problems when they are on the phone with someone and the person on the other line has a hard time hearing you... It's complicated to explain but it sounds as if he's extremely far away from the phone and can only hear him clearly when he puts his phone on speakerphone..

Is this just happening to his, or has this happened to you also?
Old 12-28-2009, 06:25 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Problems with calls..

I havent had that problem personally, but some people mentioned calls sounding like an echo before the most recent update. Make sure his phone has the latest firmware update which is version 2.0.1

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: verizon wireless

filthy1 is a n00b

My wife has made a similar comment on the sound quality but this has only been in instances where I have been multitasking to death and happen to have the phone pressed up against me ear/shoulder hardcore she says it sounds messed up but other than that nope not under normal use. Hope we can help you though
Old 12-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have had similar issues, bit it only happens when I hold the phone so I am not speaking directly into the microphone. If I speak directly into the mic, it doesn't happen. Makes me wonder if there's some noise cancelling feature built into the handset. I would tell him to be attentive to the angle he is holding the phone in relation to his mouth
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Old 12-29-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ljclifton is just getting started

On my third one. We are a DROID family and the issue goes beyond holding it correctly, etc... Have the new firmware, love the phone, but have to say have been tempted to switch due to the aggravation of people telling me I'm muffled, far away, in a tunnel, you name it... Echo did go away with the update.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Novah is a n00b

I and both of my friends with Droids are experiencing issues with "muffling" of our voices to other phones. I thought it might be my case obscuring the mic, but my friend without a case still had the problem. We're all 2.0.1, and it's really irritating. =/
Old 12-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

HKO10 is a n00b

Just went to Verizon yesterday and all they did was a hard reset... The problem still persists, of course.. I checked and his droid is also on 2.0.1. More annoying to us is how much the CS at the stores like to BS you, they told me no one has ever come in with this problem... Apparently they don't read forums very much...
Old 12-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, sounds like a microphone issue. They will replace it this time. They will always just hard reset it the first time at the store. If the problem still persists, they will replace it with a "CLN" phone unless you are within the initial 30 days.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Novah is a n00b

Does anybody have a Droid that DOESN'T sound muffled? Makes me wonder if it's universal or just random ones.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novah View Post
Does anybody have a Droid that DOESN'T sound muffled? Makes me wonder if it's universal or just random ones.
Me. Never had a complaint of bad sound.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid