PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 10:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: droid, tp torch, titan, apache, omnia 2, tp2
Carrier: vzw, sprint
Threadstarter

gootgolly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: syncronizing w/google online, location and reasonable expectation of privacy

If I have to explain that this has nothing to do with fear of google.....

So, none of you actually can step by step...

Outline how to gain acess to market without syncing the contacts list.

That is what I thought.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:24 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: syncronizing w/google online, location and reasonable expectation of privacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gootgolly View Post
I think Ive not made this clear, I have no right to upload/publish to the web other peoples confidential info.

Now I certainly have a right to upload my SSN, drivers license, addies, etc

It appears most feel they have a right to do anything they desire with info with which they have been trusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
You do need to clarify what you mean by "published to the web". I'm going to assume that since you are a published author you know that "published" means to make available or bring to the attention of the public. Surely you don't believe that by syncing your contacts with google you are publicly posting your contacts on the web. If this is what you are claiming, then where is this page published exactly? I've synced my contacts with google and I can't find them published anywhere on the web unless I sign into my google account,which is most certainly not viewable by the public. What exactly are you afraid google is going to do with your contact information?
sounds like you need to cancel all your services, ccards, ect.. and get prepaid phone and only use cash for all your transactions. otherwise your just being paranoid.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:48 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

That is what I thought.
So now it suddenly has nothing to do with google "publishing" your info?I actually posted links to about 10 websites earlier in this thread that would allow you to download apps without accessing the market, but I edited my post to remove them because you are a troll and I don't wish to share info with you. Go troll somewhere else.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-26-2009, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

i think this guy heard second hand info from other people maybe iphone people or conspercie people and he does not know exactly what he is talking about. But any way i love windows mobile and there os is easier to load apps you just have to find them. Me nor any of my friends have been exploited by google so i really dont know what proof there is to think that there is a privacy issue. FYI I believe the future of computing is going to be somewhat what google is doing and having you computer me mostly on the net for some of your things so you have a virtual computer that you can acsess from any computer or phone.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Get yourself tin foil hat and go live in a cave, I don't know what kind of information you have on all of your contacts that you feel needs to be guarded in fort Knox, but I assure you that your information is safer on Google's servers than on your personal phone.
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Old 12-27-2009, 01:30 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Quote:

That is what I thought.
You were told on the first page to create a throw away gmail account by breakmyfootoff, to accomplish this.

If you need someone to hold your hand to make a new gmail account, then this phone is far too advanced for you to ever use. Do the Android community a favor and go buy a blackberry, iphone or dumbphone.

If you really believe using a gmail account on your phone causes or permits Google to steal private information and publish it to the internet, then you have other issues that are beyond the scope of the support you'll find at PPCGeeks.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:40 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjam View Post
Get yourself tin foil hat and go live in a cave, I don't know what kind of information you have on all of your contacts that you feel needs to be guarded in fort Knox, but I assure you that your information is safer on Google's servers than on your personal phone.
lol, agreed. It's a published fact that more cc#'s are stolen by clerks/waiters than ever are over the internet.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: droid, tp torch, titan, apache, omnia 2, tp2
Carrier: vzw, sprint
Threadstarter

gootgolly is a n00b

Good luck building up this section of the forum.

I've no use for hypothetical advice that is untried by another and does not work on what may be a defective unit.

I'm not the least bit surprised you folks seem unable to comprehend the idea of who owns what info and what level of privacy one can expect by merely having info on a device and then how much less a rational human should expect upon uploading the same info to the net.

Try asking those on your contacts list, especially the ones who fiercely guard what little privacy they can maintain, if they mind you storing all info you have on them on your online email account.

It has nothing to do with my level of kookiness or paranoia

I'll ceheck in from time to time to see if you passionate android experts manage to raise the bar with usful info.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Can a mod please close this thread? It is obvious that the OP does not want to listen to the advice that has been given and this thread is devolving in to personal attacks.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO(no 4g)
Carrier: The big red machine

goonygugle is just getting started

a published author that can't even spell properly? for sure a troll, he has been given the answer many times in this thread but refuses to accept it. He came here to bash android os.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid