PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: No
Carrier: nunya

gazorp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question AVRCP not working! :(

Hello!

I have an s9-hd and the s805 headsets and avrcp profiles do not work or appear at all. Is there something i am missing?

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

ironi is just getting started
Re: AVRCP not working! :(

i have the jabra bt3030 headset and the midland bt rebel built into my moto helmet. both work great with the droid. the AVRCP works flawlessly, much better than it did on my touch pro. maybe your headsets aren't compatible? could be a defective phone too.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:35 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i have a plantronics 850 mine works great all options including a2dp
Old 12-02-2009, 10:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

gazorp is a n00b

does anyone else have the s9 hd or s805. They are motorola headsets for cryin out loud. Why the hell wont they work?

What did you do to get it working in pandora or in music app?
Old 12-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazorp View Post
does anyone else have the s9 hd or s805. They are motorola headsets for cryin out loud. Why the hell wont they work?

What did you do to get it working in pandora or in music app?
Just to clarify, do you really mean AVRCP (the ability to pause/play/forward or back tracks via headset controls)? Or do you mean A2DP (the ability to connect to the headphones and play stereo music)?

I use S9's. The pair and connect and play fine. I find that the Music app doesn't seem to control via AVRCP however TuneWiki does. Pandora does not seem to pause/play either in my tests.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

gazorp is a n00b

Yes. I realy mean AVRCP.

If you are telling me that neither the default music app nor pandora are working with AVRCP then this explains my problem. Those are the two only two music apps i use. I will look into tunewiki though and test it out.

Does avrcp implemented in the apps individually? I thought it would work more universally, like a media key on a keyboard...
Old 12-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazorp View Post
Yes. I realy mean AVRCP.

If you are telling me that neither the default music app nor pandora are working with AVRCP then this explains my problem. Those are the two only two music apps i use. I will look into tunewiki though and test it out.

Does avrcp implemented in the apps individually? I thought it would work more universally, like a media key on a keyboard...
I've done some more digging. I saw that in TuneWiki's setting there was a setting called Enable Headset Button. It says "Use wired and wireless headset buttons in TuneWiki instead of the default player." and it was checked on.

When I turned that setting off and retried Music then my S9 buttons control Music!

I retried Pandora without success and noticed that Music was still being paused and played instead. However, when I made sure both Music and TuneWiki were not running (I terminated them), then Pandora paused and played via the S9 button!

Moral of the story? I think they are all capable but they fight with each other over who is in control.

Of course, this doesn't answer why your S9's aren't controlling anything properly however this might give you something to go on.

(PS It probably doesn't matter but my S9's are the HD model)
Old 12-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor

That seems to be the issue for me as well, i feel like such a n00b haha, shoulda checked that now another issue: sometimes only the mono headset profile connects, not both A2DP and mono headset, any ideas there?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:25 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

gazorp is a n00b

Good digging troops! Truly this is an easily reproducible bug and we can only hope it will be covered in the update this week. (i doubt it though...)

Last edited by gazorp; 12-07-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: verizon

sfol is a n00b

I have a HTC droid eris and the motorola s805 head set. not sure if this will also fix the problem on the Droid but here goes. I couldnt get it to work either. The problem was a setting in the bluetooth area of the phone. First pair the headset and phone. Then go into Settings > wireless controls > bluetooth settings. Make sure the bluetooth is turned on. where it says Motorola s805, press and hold till a menu pops up. Select options. under profiles make sure both Media and Phone boxes are checked. Prioblem solved...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid