PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: programs running constantly?

Gootgolly,

I think you have something valuable to contribute here, but you are coming across as standoffish and argumentative. I can see you have a real love/hate thing going on with this phone... and that's cool, just the method to your rants seem to be rubbing alot of folks the wrong way.

Many of the users in this section came from WM or followed the WM side of things and only joined up after getting a Motorola Droid. There's no tutorials because nobody's made one.

PPCGeeks is a community built around a few users who were among the first (perhaps the first) to unlock Windows Mobile for custom roms. It's grown in popularity and only recently expanded to include non-WM devices. So this section really does need people to step up to the plate. If you are a Linux/Unix guy perhaps a basic tutorial would be something you could whip up in a jiffy.

Also bear in mind this is the Motorola Droid forum and there is a general Android forum here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88 some of the recommended stickies would be better suited to that page.

Anyways, like I said, I think you have something you bring to the table and I would like to see that, just it's masked inside these posts that closer resemble a disdain for the Android format, hardware and PPCGeeks community in general.

I'm particularly interested in your overclocking... I wonder how that would fly with the new 2.1 rom floating around.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: droid, tp torch, titan, apache, omnia 2, tp2
Carrier: vzw, sprint

gootgolly is a n00b

So does being a droidite mean even accepting not being able to sever the data connection short of turning off the phone?

I hope not
Old 12-28-2009, 04:32 PM
N00b

gootgolly is a n00b

Hey.... if you only knew how much abuse I endured to be handed this phone bugged with a few gotchas, like sync forcing contacts up..... and then unable to remove the associated gmail account without it deleting all my contacts from this spy device

Only to have a handful of novices address me as if I should polosh their white shoes......

Well I think I'll use much more caution before sticking the next toe in

Btw....

I have anothet account here and have been fortunate not being subjected to egos full of straw in the winmo forums which has resulted in some amazing devices.

Not sure yet but I think it will do the full gig although the non-retarded case, compared to the tptorch and many others, may require some easy heat sinking. I do hate having to remove the battery in order to access the sd. Bad move.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gootgolly View Post
So does being a droidite mean even accepting not being able to sever the data connection short of turning off the phone?

I hope not
Is this a question on how to turn off the data connection entirely and still be able to make phone calls?

I didn't pick up the general question when it comes out as an accusation (as banden said so nicely). I don't have the answer but you've already said you will never, ever use this device because it connects to Google.

I don't think we've heard from another member that shares your feelings so we might not have the answer for you. Banden was correct that there is a huge Droid forum over at Motorola where MANY more people participate, some more knowledgable than others, where your technical question may be answered if not answered here. Several Moto engineers participate there and chime in when needed.

I hate to say but Banden was spot on about your posts seem to be written to invite controversy and a battle rather than seeking help or an answer from fellow "droidites". If you are so dead set agianst the device and the whole idea of it talking to Google, why bother? This might NOT be the droid you are looking for.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM
N00b

gootgolly is a n00b

Toughen up. This device is very capable of outclassing a winmo without having google and the others having streaming 24/7 access to it. Yours? I dunno.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Toughen up. This device is very capable of outclassing a winmo without having google and the others having streaming 24/7 access to it. Yours? I dunno.
So it wasn't a question ... just a complaint about the market we live in where hardware has to be sold for a profit and it is what it is. So is the complaint about Motorola or Google or Verizon or PPCGeeks members or everyone in general?

You want this device for its hardware but marketed in another way if I hear you. Sold as pure hardware without corporate support.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Hey.... if you only knew how much abuse I endured to be handed this phone bugged with a few gotchas, like sync forcing contacts up..... and then unable to remove the associated gmail account without it deleting all my contacts from this spy device

Only to have a handful of novices address me as if I should polosh their white shoes......

Well I think I'll use much more caution before sticking the next toe in

Btw....

I have anothet account here and have been fortunate not being subjected to egos full of straw in the winmo forums which has resulted in some amazing devices.

Not sure yet but I think it will do the full gig although the non-retarded case, compared to the tptorch and many others, may require some easy heat sinking. I do hate having to remove the battery in order to access the sd. Bad move.
Overclocking, huh? According to all the threads I have read here and at a ton of other forums, it is not implemented yet on the Droid, and there is significant debate as to whether the phone will reliable handle anything over ~600-700mHz without overheating due to the thin form factor. Unless you can provide evidence of said claims to prove you are more than just a troll, I call .

Also, I would ask the mods to keep a close eye on this one and close it if things start to get out of hand....
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Last edited by parkjam; 12-28-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:50 PM
N00b

gootgolly is a n00b

I can understand juvenile appearing name callers tugging on the mods skirts.

I would recommend you not be expecting those that can to provide you with much of anything.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:14 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I personally will give anybody benefit of the doubt, but almost every post you make is confrontational and negative. Why do you try so hard to be such a jerk?

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6900

Jvince is a n00b

I have to say you guys are showing an impressive amount of restraint here. I've been following PPC Geeks for years and it's been an incredible source of information filled with helpful folks. I've flashed and cooked custom ROMs with ease after simply reading and studying the hard work posted here.

Myself, I don't post often unless I can give a spot on 100% accurate answer to a question, and in this particular forum I'm a learner not a teacher (still waiting to buy my Driod, another story). But I had to chime in here. As a lurker myself I am always giving the "unknowns" the benefit of intelligence, knowledge and skill. However after reading this and a previous thread even my help desk mentality would be strained to a breaking point. Kudos to you guys for fighting the good fight and being the bigger men.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid