PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Re: Do you REGRET??? DROID over TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
I cant refute those THREE points, I'd have to say you are probably better off with the TP2 if those are the things that are most important to you. The Sero plan is the exception, and not the norm in plan prices and you should probably ride that out until they force you off of it because nobody will beat that price. Most people are not going to see as much of a rate increase as you would. I would (and did) choose : Proper 2D and 3D acceleration, augmented reality apps, Google Navigation, Voice search, widgets, faster smoother processor, and larger app market over the better Keyboard and CorePlayer. If I were you, I would be hard pressed to leave a SERO plan too, except that Sprint doesnt even have 3g Service in my area. The video conversion really isnt a big deal either, at least not to me anyway. It uses the same format as the iPhone so there is literally unlimited video out there thats already in the right format.
I can understand leaving Sprint if there is no 3g in your area. I don't mean to sound like a troll. I know that my next device will likely be an android, I'm just not sure it would be the droid. VZW's prices are still high even in comparison with consumer plans like the Everything 450 w/anymobile. The droid was the first thing to really peak my interest on the android side as it brings the two things I have been looking for to the table (Large, Hi-Res screen and hardware keyboard).

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

For me I came from the Alias (first gen) which I had for almost 3 years to the Droid... so for me the keyboard is a snap... I actually love this keyboard. I've played with my co-workers TP2 and I guess his keyboard has bigger buttons... but with my aim, it don't matter.

The Android OS and the Google integration was what pulled me into the extra $30 a month. If I were on sprint I'd be using the Hero.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:18 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I can understand leaving Sprint if there is no 3g in your area. I don't mean to sound like a troll. I know that my next device will likely be an android, I'm just not sure it would be the droid. VZW's prices are still high even in comparison with consumer plans like the Everything 450 w/anymobile. The droid was the first thing to really peak my interest on the android side as it brings the two things I have been looking for to the table (Large, Hi-Res screen and hardware keyboard).
Everybody makes their choices based on a lot of different things . I was already with Verizon before, so plan prices weren't in the equation when I was deciding what phone to buy. I went to the Verizon store the day the Droid and Eris released (TP2 was already out) and spent several hours playing with all three phones. Having already been with a WM phone the TP2 was familiar territory, I was basically just evaluating the hardware since I knew the OS. Price was only a factor on the Eris, since the Droid and the TP2 were both 199.99. In the end I bought the one that I felt offered the best performance and the best features without ever having to really consider the price. From my perspective, the plan price didnt affect my purchase because my phone plan wasnt changing and was already part off my budget. I do have to admit, if I was looking at it from your perspective it would be hard to justify giving up a plan as cheap as the Sero, even if I REALLY REALLY wanted the Droid.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid