PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 02:54 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apps Organizer

I've been playing with this one for about a week now (I like to test them pretty good before I recommend) and it's extremely handy. If you've created a folder for your home screen and put apps in it then this will make sense to you. Basically its exactly like one of those folders, except it allows you to assign a custom icon to it instead of just having that plain jane looking folder on your home screen . Really useful if you have lots of one style of apps like GPS apps, games, system tools, soundboards etc. The newest update today made it possible for you to add your own categories and added even more icons to the supplied icon pack (the icons are awesome btw) and its free Heres a link.

http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...izer-qqmD.aspx

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

gardobus is becoming a great contributor
Re: Apps Organizer

I've been using this for a while also and I love it. It makes it easy to do things like try out new Home Replacements. Before I would have to recreate each folder and drag every app back into them in the new Home app but now I just add the different Categories and I'm done.

I also like that if you want to move something from one category to the other, you open up app organizer and just check off the ones you want. No need to remove it from the folder, go into the new folder, drag it from the app list, etc.

It also keeps "unlabeled" apps in a specific section so that its easy to go there after a market marathon and label each new app.

So yeah, I HIGHLY recommend this app. I turned my Messaging, Gmail, Email, GTalk, etc apps into one Icon with it on my Home screen
Old 12-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

The only thing i wish it could also do, would be to allow for shortcuts to be placed in folders as well.. right now, the only thing you can put into a folder are installed programs..... but i love this app nonetheless.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon

jbag is just getting started

trying to figure out how to put the folders from the program on the home page...maybe i am missing something :/

EDIT: im dumb i got it =D...i always thought that green return arrow closed the screen lol

Last edited by jbag; 12-14-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: retardation
Old 12-15-2009, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Maverick0984 is keeping up the good workMaverick0984 is keeping up the good work

I like the concept, but my Games folder/label/shortcut definitely has lag when it gets pulled up.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid

fmlink1 is a n00b

I'm sorry, but I still don't see how to put Labels from the Apps Organizer onto one of my Home Pages. And have you found a way to rename Labels (if there is one with a typo, for example), or does one have to delete it, rename it, and then reassign the apps? Thx!
Old 12-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmlink1 View Post
I'm sorry, but I still don't see how to put Labels from the Apps Organizer onto one of my Home Pages. And have you found a way to rename Labels (if there is one with a typo, for example), or does one have to delete it, rename it, and then reassign the apps? Thx!
You have to long press on whichever home screen you want it on and then select shortcuts>apps organizer>select the folder that you want on your homescreen
To rename a label, simply open app organizer, tap "labels" and long press whichever one you want to change the name of and select "rename"
Old 12-24-2009, 02:00 PM
That guy with the axe
Threadstarter

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmlink1 View Post
To add one of the labels to your homescreen : Long press on the homescreen or tap the menu button, select "shortcut", select "apps organizer", then select the label you want added to the homescreen.

To edit labels: Go into your apps tab, then open the apps organizer app. There are two choices at the top, "apps" and "labels" tap labels. To add a new label tap the bottom menu button and select "add new". To edit an existing label just long press on the label you want to edit
Old 12-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
You have to long press on whichever home screen you want it on and then select shortcuts>apps organizer>select the folder that you want on your homescreen
To rename a label, simply open app organizer, tap "labels" and long press whichever one you want to change the name of and select "rename"
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
To add one of the labels to your homescreen : Long press on the homescreen or tap the menu button, select "shortcut", select "apps organizer", then select the label you want added to the homescreen.

To edit labels: Go into your apps tab, then open the apps organizer app. There are two choices at the top, "apps" and "labels" tap labels. To add a new label tap the bottom menu button and select "add new". To edit an existing label just long press on the label you want to edit
HAHA. We posted almost the same thing at the same time. Sorry, I didn't mean to butt in.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 12-24-2009 at 03:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:10 PM
That guy with the axe
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
HAHA. We posted almost the same thing at the same time. Sorry, I didn't mean to but in.
This forum belongs to you as much as it does to me or anyone else butt in whenever you feel like it, especially if you're trying to help people out
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid