PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

ascorbic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Official waiting for Gingerbread thread

My guess is December, this is pure speculation on my part. I am in no way qualified to make this statement.

I did just stubmle across this link though

https://supportforums.motorola.com/m.../385441#385441
Quote:
If you want to get an alert whenever we have official news about updates to the Motorola Droid X2 from Verizon, click "receive email notifications" in the right hand navigation. This thread will remain locked so you won't have to read comments from other posters.

When I have news I will unlock the thread and post -- and you'll get a notification.

Questions about update timing in other threads will go unanswered. Sorry about that, but until I have approval, I won't have anything to say. And when I do, I'll post it here.

***It is also worth mentioning the Droid X Gingerbread update will NOT work on the Droid X2. Do not attempt, it will brick your phone. They are two very different animals. When you do attempt to flash either wait for the OTA update or verify the files are coming from a trusted source. ***

Last edited by ascorbic; 06-02-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Official waiting for Gingerbread thread

lol the phone just came out and you want gingerbread already? they just are coming out with gingerbread on the original dx just now. its gonna be awhile
Old 06-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ascorbic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
lol the phone just came out and you want gingerbread already? they just are coming out with gingerbread on the original dx just now. its gonna be awhile
I think you are misunderstanding the point of this thread or the point of discussion boards in general. Organized information is power. This is the place to discuss Gingerbread on the Droid X2 and when it is going to happen.

Please feel free to make positive contributions.

Last edited by ascorbic; 06-01-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:58 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

ahh, yeah i didnt get that tone in your original post. sorry about that.

btw they just added the Dx2 forums to xda yesterday so thats a plus!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

What improvements are there over 2.2? I just rooted my Droid X2 and I am not sure I can update...I like my root.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ascorbic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
ahh, yeah i didnt get that tone in your original post. sorry about that.

btw they just added the Dx2 forums to xda yesterday so thats a plus!
No problem. Awesome, I am glad to hear xda is on the case. Hopefully this phone will still share the same bootloader as the original X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0himba View Post
What improvements are there over 2.2? I just rooted my Droid X2 and I am not sure I can update...I like my root.
I am still a new android user so I haven't used 2.3, but this site details the differences nicely.

Difference Between Android 2.2 (Froyo) and Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) | Difference Between | Android 2.2 (Froyo) vs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

By the sounds of it it seems like there are a lot of "under the hood" type improvements (that is to say non UI changes) which I would welcome greatly. Anything to maximize battery life and make this beast of a phone more powerful would be icing on the cake. Improved copy and paste also sounds great.

But then Motorola/Verizon will also have their own changes so who knows what that will bring. I still don't know all the differences between the base android OS and motorola's "blur" so I still have a lot to learn with the UI.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

the ui in gb is a lot darker. also i think the application handling is a lot better. multitasking, battery life. seems to do very well.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff

I think December would be too late... The Droid X already has it, so I'm thinking by August (maybe September) we should have it for Droid X2. The reason why I say December is too late is because Ice Cream Sandwich will be out by then and every new dual-core handset from here on out will be launched with at least Gingerbread.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X2