PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: droid x
Carrier: verizon

tossone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Droid X won't boot into recovery after flash

After replacing my glass screen, my droid x would only show the M logo in red. I downloaded RSDLite 4.9 and 5.3, motorola usb drivers 5.6, 5.2, 5.0, and 4.6, and sbf versions, VRZ_MB810_4.5.602_1FF_01, and VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01 which gives the white logo, and tried to flash all of these in different combinations. I am able to get through the whole flashing up until the final stage in which RSD says "Please manually reboot device" after it has done it already earlier in the flash even though the phone says complete. I shut the phone off, turn it on, and it goes to the red or white M logo. After that, it does nothing else unless I shut the phone off and boot into bootloader mode again. A second or two later, RSD says it's finished.
I turn the phone off and back on and still it won't go anywhere passed the M logo. I tried holding the power and home keys for 5 minutes and it wont flash into recovery. I tried just about every combination of buttons to get it to recovery and it just stays on the red M logo. I tried to reflash many times but can't get any further. Please help. Oh yea, it has never been rooted.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: droid x
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

tossone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Droid X won't boot into recovery after flash

Doesn't anyone have any idea's that I can try. I heard something about getting verizon to master reset. Has anyone had this done? Can I try sbfing using the Linux method?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X