PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid X (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=227)
-   -   is the next version of Droid X due anytime soon? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138452)

mlevin77 12-16-2010 06:44 AM

is the next version of Droid X due anytime soon?

I'd like to upgrade from a Windows Mobile 6.5 Imagio to something like the Droid X (I'm on Verizon; don't need a separate keyboard, and would like the screen as big as possible with the top specs for speed, memory, etc., and ideally capability for GSM or CDMA - world phone). I want to make the change before mid-March. Does anyone know if the next version of the Droid X is likely to be available by then? If not, I might as well get an X now. Of course sooner or later something better will come along, but in the next 2 months or so, is something with better specs expected (either Motorola or HTC or whatever)?

thanks in advance.

Mike

willyjay 12-16-2010 11:09 AM

Re: is the next version of Droid X due anytime soon?

There was a rumor of a Droid X "SE" version coming, that may have been killed my Motorola, prepping for a DX Global version...

Verizon Killing Motorola Droid X SE, Prepping Droid X Global?

All rumors though...just wanted to post what I had seen.

ozzyhead 12-18-2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevin77 (Post 2014571)
I'd like to upgrade from a Windows Mobile 6.5 Imagio to something like the Droid X (I'm on Verizon; don't need a separate keyboard, and would like the screen as big as possible with the top specs for speed, memory, etc., and ideally capability for GSM or CDMA - world phone). I want to make the change before mid-March. Does anyone know if the next version of the Droid X is likely to be available by then? If not, I might as well get an X now. Of course sooner or later something better will come along, but in the next 2 months or so, is something with better specs expected (either Motorola or HTC or whatever)?

thanks in advance.

Mike

To make a long story short. Go get the DX. If you "must have a world phone" go with the droid pro, but its screen is far smaller. I have DX coming from TP2 Win 6.5. I haven't looked back and I can't put this phone down. I love it!

mlevin77 12-18-2010 07:15 AM

are all these phones with capacitive screens and does this mean that a stylus doesn't work (you have to use your finger)?

Mike

racedog 12-20-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevin77 (Post 2015780)
are all these phones with capacitive screens and does this mean that a stylus doesn't work (you have to use your finger)?

Mike

There's no reason to have or need a stylus with the capacitative screen. I used WinMO for the last ten years and was used to having to have and use a stylus. One of the big benefits for me going from WM 6.5 to Android was neither having nor needing that stylus. Its a nice freedom!

I never thought I would get used to having and using a screen keyboard, but I have and I can type faster on it than I could with the resistive screen either with the stylus or a touch screen keyboard.

R