PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

BK111968 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Getting another Droid X-easy way to back up this device?

In my post about the new headsets it turns out the problem isn't with the headset but the software on the phone (unrooted 2.2). I tried the Icon and Plantronics and both failed to open up the voice command software in a timely manner (took about 20-30 seconds, sometimes failed to open or lots of static/far away voice in the prompts). I need voice command to work properly as MD and DC require the use of a hands-free device and VA is going to require it next July (according to some people I've spoken to).

I took the Droid and new Plantronics Voyager Pro+ into Verizon today and showed them how slow it was to respond and then we paired the Plantronics to a display Droid X. When I hit the call button the voice command software opened up in about 3 seconds.

The tech is sending me another Droid X so how do I back up this device (like SPB worked on the Touch Pro 2) or will I have to reload all the programs (free and paid ones) again and reconfigure all my settings? Will I be able to use my current microsd card in the new device or is it better to just reformat the existing card and use it in the new device?

Thanks for the help

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X