PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

BK111968 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which bluetooth headset would you recommend for the Droid X-Icon or Voyager?

I'm currently using a Blueant Q2 on my Droid X (unrooted and 2.2) and it doesn't work as well on this device as it did on my Touch Pro 2. It takes it about 45 seconds to open the voice command software and other times the voice command software sounds scratchy/static and very far away.

I'm looking for a new headset and was wondering about the Icon vs the Plantronics Voyager Pro+ and if anybody has used either one and how it works on the Droid X.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DroidX (former TP2 wm6.5 user)

bulldog485 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
Re: Which bluetooth headset would you recommend for the Droid X-Icon or Voyager?

I have the ICON and am pretty satisfied with it. It gives me good sound quality and the physical on/off switch is great to prolong battery life when no in use and in my shirt pocket. Never tried the Voyager.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Which bluetooth headset would you recommend for the Droid X-Icon or Voyager?

I never had the PRO+, but I have the PRO and the ICON. For me, I couldn't find a comfortable ear bud with the ICON and it kept wanting to fall out. Its a little better with the ear loop attached, but even then it felt loose and the ear loop is flimsy. It got uncomfortable for me during long phone calls.

The PRO is very comfortable for me. Its a lot bigger, but has great battery life. I can talk on that thing for hours without my ear hurting.

I've never had anyone complain about call quality on either of them and I think they both offer noise cancellation.

I've also never really used them for voice commands since its not supported on my phone yet.

EDIT: I also don't have the Droid X...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Threadstarter

BK111968 is just getting started

I actually tried both this past week and the I really didn't like the fit of the Icon as Mindfrost82 said it kept wanting to fall out and the earhook was flimsy. The swivel portion looked like on good tug and it would break.

I tried the Plantronics Voyager Pro+ and it felt better but I just couldn't get it loud enough to use in the car (with the radio on at a normal level).

I'm probably just going to stick with the Q2 at this point but thank you for the help.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X