PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 03:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

gremstein is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thinking about getting one

My renew date is coming up pretty soon... and this one looks the best to me out of all the other options, but I wanted to get the perspective from the real experts, the people who use these things every day.
The main selling points for me are durability, reliability, customization, and the amount of control I have over whats running on the phone at any given time.
I've been using windows mobile devices for a couple years, which I liked just fine, in fact I loved my xv6900... but it died on me. The new windows mobile phones just don't seem all that great, so I thought I would try the droid stuff out.
I know there's going to be a slight bias since I'm in the sub-forum for the device, but what do you all think about this phone?
Old 10-24-2010, 07:56 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Re: Thinking about getting one

I recommend switching to Sprint and getting an EVO or an Epic while putting that extra cash Verizon's taking from you and putting it in your pocket!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gremstein is a n00b

I'll actually pay less with Verizon, my new every two knocks a little off, and my current plan will be just about the same as what I would pay at sprint. Main difference being I don't get unlimited texting right now, but that isn't a huge deal for me.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Droid X

1. Durability - check
2. Reliability - check
3. Customization - check (out of the box, it's good, but if you want to root then check +) (note, I don't root...no need)
4. Control over what's running - just let android control it....no need to "kill" apps

Haven't looked back at my custom rom'd TP2 since the DX arrived.

Just my $0.02
Old 10-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gremstein is a n00b

What does it mean to "root" it?
Old 10-25-2010, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremstein View Post
What does it mean to "root" it?
Anything Can Do!: Rooting Explained + Top 5 Benefits Of Rooting Your Android Phone
Old 10-26-2010, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I recommend switching to Sprint and getting an EVO
Are you kidding me??

My boss had an EVO, & the battery life was so poor he finally dumped it & bought a DroidX so he didn't need to constantly carry a pocketful of extra batteries to make it through a day of heavy use.......

His first EVO had a defective screen also, the the DroidX build quality is FAR FAR higher than the EVO.

~John

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X