PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

HellRayzer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Q] System update

Last nite before bed i was goofing around with DX....(just got it yesterday). I went into the settings and ran system updates, now it says Android version 2.2 and the kernal version is 2.6.32.9-ga42712e. My sliders are different for unlock and volume they are now black and the clock in the taskbar now has am/pm....did i download froyo 2.2 or what is this?

Thanks, Hell

Last edited by HellRayzer; 09-23-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

HellRayzer is a n00b
Re: [Q] System update

Just watched the video on youtube....after the reboot everything looks the same on mine. my system number is higher and the las digit on the baseband is higher. Guess there is a new way to get froyo. Glad the first thing i did when i got it was root it.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Yes - you got Froyo. They started rolling out the updates for the X the night before last (well- late 9/21). So all us X'ers are getting our updates. You can get the way you did (that's the way I got it too) - and for those that don't check for system updates- the update will eventually get pushed to their phone.

Did you keep root after the update?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

HellRayzer is a n00b

yeah...still rooted. guess now i need to do the deodexed gimmick.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

I have heard the word "deodexed" a lot on the forums. Do you know what the advantages are? I probably should just google it (and will).

I don't think I will mess around with to many tweaks until a full SBF is available.

Let me know how the deodexing goes and if you have a guide that you follow.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

WythDryden is becoming a great contributor

Deodexing allows you to create or use custom themes for the phone. For instance, I know have a custom taskbar which is dark grey, rather than the off-putting white one. This is the link I used for deodexing.

[HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone. - xda-developers

Some notes that might save you a lot of stress in the long run, if you get all the way to option 4 of the xultimate process and it crashes at core.odex uninstall all instances of java and then reinstall it. Also, for the code part you input after the deodexing itself, I could only get it to work in charge only mode, with the adb drivers installed for that as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by WythDryden View Post
Deodexing allows you to create or use custom themes for the phone. For instance, I know have a custom taskbar which is dark grey, rather than the off-putting white one. This is the link I used for deodexing.

[HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone. - xda-developers

Some notes that might save you a lot of stress in the long run, if you get all the way to option 4 of the xultimate process and it crashes at core.odex uninstall all instances of java and then reinstall it. Also, for the code part you input after the deodexing itself, I could only get it to work in charge only mode, with the adb drivers installed for that as well.
Thanks - this is my first android device. So that all sounds like Chinese to me. But I will look into it. Pretty burned out on customization coming from HTC WinMo 6.5 and an endless supply of customizations - but I am going to build my knowledge base of the Android OS and then do some stuff.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

WythDryden is becoming a great contributor

No problem. The first steps are to get rooted and making sure adb shell are working. Then you can move onto deodex'ing. It can all be really confusing, but there's lots of research you can find if you look hard enough, and people are usually always helpful and willing to lend what advice they can.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X