PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Try619 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Droid X video calls

First off let me just say that I don't have the Droid X I have the Evo, but most of my family has Verizon and the Droid X. I was just wondering if the Droid X was able to make video calls? I know Evo to Evo you can using fring. But i'm not sure if you can video chat with an Evo and a Droid X. I hope i'm explaining this right, thanks in advance for any information.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Droid X video calls

There is no front facing camera on the Droid X. Makes it a tad difficult.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 09-19-2010, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I'm kinda surprised the X doesn't have that frt facing camera as that does seem to be the trend lately (iphone 4, EVO etc)

It is not something I care about as I would never use it anyway (when I want to see the other person we just use webcams the same as we've always done for years).

I have never had the slightest desire to turn a cell call into a video chat (but that's just me)

~John
Old 09-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro / Treo 700WX
Carrier: Alltel

Copp is a n00b

Ahh, I can see the newest hardware innovation for the DroidX:
The New Handy Dandy Video Mirror! Or, better yet:
The New Handy Dandy Front Screen Mirror!

Both clip onto your Droidx, 3" from the screen and when swung out, at a slight angle, allow the front or back to be seen while looking at the back or front.

Where's that patent application?
Old 11-07-2010, 03:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid X

PoBD is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to PoBD

I actually just made my first video call yesterday (using Tango) lol omg am I shy. I have the X and it was kinda lame not being able to see who I'm talking to ....I did find a mirror and that made it a little better lol. I half wondered to myself if I had a HDMI cable, could I plug it into my TV during a video call so I could see how retarded I look and how retarded they dont??

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X