PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 06:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: the perfect phone??

LOL, yea if you want a better/larger screen the X is really the way to go.

I was at a family reunion over the weekend & my sisters son was there with iphone 3.

As soon as he picked up my X, his first comment was "oh wow, what an awesome screen"

~John
Old 08-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
LOL, yea if you want a better/larger screen the X is really the way to go.

I was at a family reunion over the weekend & my sisters son was there with iphone 3.

As soon as he picked up my X, his first comment was "oh wow, what an awesome screen"

~John
I don't think its too big at all... I just saw it for the first time in person today. Just wish it had a sliding keyboard.
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 soon to be Driod X

kevmueller is keeping up the good workkevmueller is keeping up the good work

Alright I have had my X since Wednesday. My biggest concern was the keyboard, coming from having the Dare and Omnia I turned in to a virtual keyboard hater. It was a big leap for me to ever think about going back. However windows mobile was starting to kill me just as much, well and the brick in my pocket (TP2). I have to say I love the vitual keyboard on the X. After 2 days I am typing faster than I ever did on my TP2. I prefer to type in landscape mode with the large keyboard and I love not having to slide a keyboard in and out.

I know this is also an andriod development thing, but the applications just seem to work and feel to be much higher in quality than the windows applications did.

I could not be happier with my jump over to the X!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmueller View Post
Alright I have had my X since Wednesday. My biggest concern was the keyboard, coming from having the Dare and Omnia I turned in to a virtual keyboard hater. It was a big leap for me to ever think about going back. However windows mobile was starting to kill me just as much, well and the brick in my pocket (TP2). I have to say I love the vitual keyboard on the X. After 2 days I am typing faster than I ever did on my TP2. I prefer to type in landscape mode with the large keyboard and I love not having to slide a keyboard in and out.

I know this is also an andriod development thing, but the applications just seem to work and feel to be much higher in quality than the windows applications did.

I could not be happier with my jump over to the X!
Umm ... 1Ghz Omap doesn't hurt

I really like my TP2. As much as I love my X, I would have had to think hard if a 'TP3' came down the pipe with the kind of specs that the X has.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
Umm ... 1Ghz Omap doesn't hurt

I really like my TP2. As much as I love my X, I would have had to think hard if a 'TP3' came down the pipe with the kind of specs that the X has.
Good post... I love the TP2 as well and will have it for another week until the Droid 2 launches... The massive jump the TP2 offered over the TP1 was insane, I am crossing my fingers for the same kind of improvement with the Droid 2 from the TP2!
Old 08-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i think this is the closest youre gonna get to a "TP3" with android on Verizon:

ARTICLE

i know its just a prototype but thhey really blew it with the kb imo and the supposed lack of lte is a real killer also. ah well options are always good!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jasonrrob is a n00b

I felt the exact same way about my transition from tp2 to droid x. I left winmo and have NO desire to look back. At first I thought my love for the droid x was a part of that new device honeymoon emotion, but weeks later it still blows me away. Believe it or not, i don't even miss that hardware keyboard of the tp2 that I thought I couldn't be without. X does everything better, faster, and for longer. Goodbye Windows Phone.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrrob View Post
I felt the exact same way about my transition from tp2 to droid x. I left winmo and have NO desire to look back. At first I thought my love for the droid x was a part of that new device honeymoon emotion, but weeks later it still blows me away. Believe it or not, i don't even miss that hardware keyboard of the tp2 that I thought I couldn't be without. X does everything better, faster, and for longer. Goodbye Windows Phone.
Awesome to hear! In your opinion... are there ANY advantages the Droid 2 will have over the Droid X; and do you believe that someone like myself who has used a keyboard for YEARS would sincerely love and adapt to the on-screen keyboard and 'feel' of this phone? Thanks

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X