PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 02:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
notification question??

I always liked the SMS tone my TP2 used for incoming SMS. That tone was not in the X, so I copied it from the TP2 to my X & set it as my SMS tone.

That works fine except it also made it my incoming email tone & I want that to be different. How do I set a different incoming email tone??

~John
Old 07-22-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: notification question??

Assuming you're using Gmail....open that up to your Inbox.

Menu key > Settings > scroll down to Notification settings > Select Ringtone

I believe initially when setting up sounds most things are set to use "Default Ringtone" or something like that and to customize it you have to change it at the application. So if you want email sound different, open your email settings and change it, same applies if you want SMS notification different, etc.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: notification question??

Thanks, that fixed it.

~John

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X