PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phantom Skinz Carbon Fiber Chromatics Skin

I've applied the Carbon Fiber Chromatic Skin that I got in the mail yesterday. At the full retail price they are a bit spendy, but there is a summer discount promo code ( summersale2010 ) that will get you 30% off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_001.jpg (496.5 KB, 164 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_002.jpg (482.7 KB, 133 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_003.jpg (505.8 KB, 130 views) Click for barcode!

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

Lyman1 is keeping up the good workLyman1 is keeping up the good work
Re: Phantom Skinz Carbon Fiber Chromatics Skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
I've applied the Carbon Fiber Chromatic Skin that I got in the mail yesterday. At the full retail price they are a bit spendy, but there is a summer discount promo code ( summersale2010 ) that will get you 30% off.
Thanks for sharing. Your DroidX looks great.
All the Best!
mNotes 5.0
Old 07-27-2010, 07:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Great product, I installed the clear version last night.

Kind of a PITA to install, but I already knew that -I've had the same product on three previous PPCs.

~John
Old 07-27-2010, 08:17 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I actually put off installing this for a few days as I really hate doing it.

Yesterday, I almost dropped the phone on a cement floor at work however so I came home & installed it real quick after that.

I was trying to do three things at once at work & a text came in that I knew was from my boss. He doesn't like to be kept waiting, so I was stumbling to get the X out of my leather Verizon belt case (awesome case by the way) & the damn thing slips out of my hand....

I did a kind of frantic juggling act & caught it mid-air as it was headed to the cement. As soon as my heart rate went back to normal, I realized I needed to get that skin on ASAP.

~John
Old 07-27-2010, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Well, I'm a good bit less satisfied than I was earlier.

I spent well over an hour installing this stuff last night making sure it was perfect.

I then let it dry all night unplugged with the battery removed & this morning it looked perfect.

Now, I pulled the phone out a minute ago to answer a text & the skin is peeling off in three different places........

~John
Old 07-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work
for what its worth, i like the regular old silicone case they sell for 12 dollars at the verizon store.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2010, 07:47 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
for what its worth, i like the regular old silicone case they sell for 12 dollars at the verizon store.

I don't really care for that case myself.

I bought one with my phone, but I'm going to return it this week. That case seems like a really flimsy POS (it is much flimsier than some of the older silicone cases I've used, the one on my TP2 is awesome) & it also prevents the phone from fitting in either the car bracket or the home multi-media station.

The car bracket has an insert to remove for use with the case, but it is still a very tight fit & seems like it would ruin the case in short order.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

it definitely looks cool, id like the fact that it doesnt ad alot of bulk.

just wondering how long do these last until you have to buy another one. or until they all start to fall off

im using the verizon x silicone case with the verizon x leather belt case. it works nice and its pretty safe
Old 08-31-2010, 01:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DroidX

goracer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
How is yours holding up? Every time I try to order I can decide between the white or black. I've tried the clear Steinheil and parts of it peeled off and the other look like crap but that seems to be the case with all wet applications. Did anyone get a white version?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X