PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you staying with WM?
Converted to Droid X 83 85.57%
Converted to Android 6 6.19%
Waiting for WM7 to decide 5 5.15%
Staying with WM Periord 3 3.09%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Zap! is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any TP2 Converts Here?

My Droid X arrives today via Federal Express. To me it just is so much better than WM I had to make the switch. I have been Windows Mobile since the first day the Verizon XV6700 was released (January 2006). From that I went to the XV6800, the Touch Pro, and the current Touch Pro 2.

Although I am gonna be much happier, it is still a very sad day for me. I feel like I'm leaving a marriage by cheating. Happy to meet someone else, but at the same time very sorry to leave my wife (WM), who has been nothing but good to me. All for a younger, better looking woman (Android and the DX).
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
Old 09-10-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

BK111968 is just getting started

Pulled the trigger today and ordered my Droid X and hopefully it will ship out next week.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

nad3ooo is a n00b

my droid X arrives monday afternoon...im optimistic, but i will miss my TP2
Old 09-17-2010, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

siff is becoming a great contributor

Just pull the trigger you will not be disappointed. I'm not at all!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nad3ooo View Post
but i will miss my TP2
No you won't.

I thought the same thing, I absolutely LOVED my TP2 (I still have it) & figured I would still use it occasionally but I haven't turned it on once since I got the X (I bought mine the day they came out)

~John
Old 09-19-2010, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
No you won't.

I thought the same thing, I absolutely LOVED my TP2 (I still have it) & figured I would still use it occasionally but I haven't turned it on once since I got the X (I bought mine the day they came out)

~John
+1....my TP2 hasn't been turned on either since the DX got delivered! Got it 9/1.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DroidX (former TP2 wm6.5 user)

bulldog485 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485

I'm up for upgrade on 10/20 and I cannot wait. My TP2 is getting slower every day. But I'm still on the fence on if I want a DX or a Samsung Fascinate. I'm ready to jump, just looking for a phone to land with. I would appreciate pro's and con's on both phones compared to each other and the TP2.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:37 AM
bigant

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Just ordered my Droid X and was wondering how you brought over your pim, ie, contacts, calendar etc., btw, my upgrade date was the end of october and when I called in, VZW did the early upgrade today.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Verizon)

BradP is a n00b

I am also converting from the TP2 to the Droid X, I did feel the TP2 was a great phone, especially the hardware keyboard (I have never seen another phone with a keyboard this easy to use, and the dedicated number row is great). However my wife had been using the Incredible since the day it was released, and I have had a chance to use it on and off...and the quickness and responsiveness of the android OS is great. Soo much better than WM 6.5. Quick, no lag, no black screen of death, no resets, no need to tweak (which I enjoyed doing for the first few months on the TP2...but then it kind of wore off for me), and it is so fast... In know the X is a newer phone and comping it to the TP2 is not an apples to apples comparison, but since the X can sync to the Exchange network at my work, I really see no benefit from staying with the WM operating system (for me).

I was going to wait for the WP7 release, but since it will not be on Verizon (CDMA) now until mid 2011 I figured I would jump to Android now, and when my next new every two comes up in 18 months I will try out WP7 (and then it will have been tested in the market and the bugs worked out before I make the switch back to windows). I am excited about WP7 and think it is a positive step forward for windows...but I am impatient..and if they are saying Mid-2011 for Verizon...it could be later.

Looking forward to my X. And looing forward to sharing learning experiences on this forum (I learned sooo much from the TP2 forum!!! TONS!)
Old 09-22-2010, 09:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Verizon)

BradP is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant View Post
Just ordered my Droid X and was wondering how you brought over your pim, ie, contacts, calendar etc., btw, my upgrade date was the end of october and when I called in, VZW did the early upgrade today.

My upgrade wasn't until May. They sent me an email saying that I can upgrade early. So I went ahead and ordered the X.

I wonder if they are trying to get a bunch of people to upgrade early, to get them locked into two years before the Holiday season when other carriers may try to sway us away with some new phones?? Fine with me, I am planning on staying with Verizon anyway.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X