PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you staying with WM?
Converted to Droid X 83 85.57%
Converted to Android 6 6.19%
Waiting for WM7 to decide 5 5.15%
Staying with WM Periord 3 3.09%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any TP2 Converts Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
Just got my X ordered today! Cant wait to start trying to customize it
Big,

You going to keep up the BigMaxSense Rom? I tried a couple different versions on my TP2 and you have a killer ROM. I would hate to see it die out.

However, I feel like such a snob, I haven't even looked in the TP2 forums since I got my X
Old 07-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
Big,

You going to keep up the BigMaxSense Rom? I tried a couple different versions on my TP2 and you have a killer ROM. I would hate to see it die out.

However, I feel like such a snob, I haven't even looked in the TP2 forums since I got my X
Yep.. i will keep my tp2 for now.. but not sure what the future will hold... i'm already researching how to begin editing the droid... hope to have some edits for it soon..... and a ROM as soon as its rooted... heard at XDA that douche has the dx in hand and is trying to get it done now.... at least froyo will be out soon

i won't get mine till aug 4th though

Old 07-22-2010, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 | DROID X
Carrier: VzW | Mighty ROM | ?

Sapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
Yep.. i will keep my tp2 for now.. but not sure what the future will hold... i'm already researching how to begin editing the droid... hope to have some edits for it soon..... and a ROM as soon as its rooted... heard at XDA that douche has the dx in hand and is trying to get it done now.... at least froyo will be out soon

i won't get mine till aug 4th though
Yeah! Great to have you over Big!!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

kiwiruss is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiruss

Waas Running mightyrom on my TP2 but thats all history now and Im firmly in the DroidX and Android Camp.

Verizon Touch Pro2
Mightyrom and Energyrom user.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've been a WM fan for about 4 years going back to my first WM smartphone: the Moto Q. Have grown with WM from 5.0 to 6.5.3 and have really enjoyed myself. My final WM PPC will be the best one (w/keyboard) that ever came out...the HTC TP2.

With my first Android phone, fittingly also from Motorola, I must, as these other users above me, bid farewell to my TP2. I'm having too much fun with my Droid X. Even though I had the unfortunate occurrence of a screen issue & had to order a replacement. The speed, screen size & overall feel of the phone are just...Nice.

I will indeed miss my TP2 & WM in general. I'd become hooked on tweaking & flashing to bring out the best in my device(s). The TP2 was the best WM phone I've ever had and I'm REALLY gonna miss that keyboard as I used it ALOT. Hell, I remember thinking how big its screen was when I first unboxed it!

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

teddy1971 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Alexander View Post
I've been a WM fan for about 4 years going back to my first WM smartphone: the Moto Q. Have grown with WM from 5.0 to 6.5.3 and have really enjoyed myself. My final WM PPC will be the best one (w/keyboard) that ever came out...the HTC TP2.

With my first Android phone, fittingly also from Motorola, I must, as these other users above me, bid farewell to my TP2. I'm having too much fun with my Droid X. Even though I had the unfortunate occurrence of a screen issue & had to order a replacement. The speed, screen size & overall feel of the phone are just...Nice.

I will indeed miss my TP2 & WM in general. I'd become hooked on tweaking & flashing to bring out the best in my device(s). The TP2 was the best WM phone I've ever had and I'm REALLY gonna miss that keyboard as I used it ALOT. Hell, I remember thinking how big its screen was when I first unboxed it!
Here here
Old 08-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

teddy1971 is a n00b

Ok. It has been over a month since I replaced my TP 2with the Droid X. I must say I have no regrets. I really like this phone and I recently upgraded it to Froyo 2.2 (Leaked) and it is actually better than it was before (didn't think it was possible). The phone is so much more responsive than my TP2 was. I have been a WM fan for almost 10 years but I really feel Android is the Mobile OS to beat.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kraygh is just getting started

It's been three weeks since I converted from the TP2. I handed it down to my wife who had the TP. She loves it, but I don't think I'll ever go back to WM which I've had since the Samsung SGH-I700. I never really had a Rom that wasn't screwy in SOME way, and the lack of any real innovation forced me to switch. I hate the iPhone crowd, so I gave Android a try. I'm hooked. Everything just works as it should, and it's fast too. It took about a week for me to stop trying to remove the stylus from the Droid X, but other than that, the transition wasn't too bad. Windows 7 had better blow the roof off of the mobile world to have any chance of competing here.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 soon to be Driod X

kevmueller is keeping up the good workkevmueller is keeping up the good work

I think windows mobile is in trouble already. If you look at the leaks of what Verizon has due out in 2011 I can not find one that has Windows mobile on it. I remember telling someone when Andriod came out that I was not sure if it would last so I am sticking with something that will WinMo. Ok so I missed on that one. I have had my X for 3 weeks now and love it. It does so much more and since I loaded the 2.2 leak a week and a half ago I think I am on my X more than my PC at home. My old TP2 would get me through the day or when I was out, but when I could use my laptop I would, now it is the other way, if I can use my X I do and only thinks I can't do on my X, which are few, I do on my PC.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

BK111968 is just getting started

I'm ordering a Droid X next Friday and not waiting until the end of October like I had planned to. I just find that everytime I go into the Verizon store I'm more than impressed with the speed of the Droid X and all the apps that are available

I would stick with the TP2 but seriously there are very few to no apps being developed for Windows 6.5. If I go back to Windows it will be only after a few years so Microsoft has time to work out the issues of a new OS.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X