PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DroidX & sense question

I am running sense 2.5 in my TP2 & I absolutely love it:

I have mixed feelings about replacing this phone (I have pre-ordered the X) as I really really love the TP2 but I want the bigger screen of the X.

I would like to make the home screen on the X look as close as possible to my current setup. How do I do that?? I will root it immediately etc....

~John
Old 07-09-2010, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bishop0114 is becoming a great contributor
Re: DroidX & sense question

I know how you feel about the TP2. I also felt the same and was very reluctant to switch from what I thought was my very trusty Windows Mobile device. I purchased the DINC and within 30 minutes of using it, I realized that everything about Windows Mobile "felt" 20 years out of date, clunky, cumbersome and extremely slow.

I am switching to the X for the larger screen and HDMI port. I have to switch back to the TP2 for a few days until my X comes in and I am seriously dreading it. In my opinion the most advanced features of a Windows Mobile device (TP2) cant compare to the the weakest features of the X (or DINC).

I would imagine after 2 days with the X, you will find your TP2 is nothing more than an annoyance.

As for your question about making the X look like Sense 2.5, I wouldn't worry too much about it, you can get widgets (usually free) to do everything that Sense can do and far better.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I am running sense 2.5 in my TP2 & I absolutely love it:

I have mixed feelings about replacing this phone (I have pre-ordered the X) as I really really love the TP2 but I want the bigger screen of the X.

I would like to make the home screen on the X look as close as possible to my current setup. How do I do that?? I will root it immediately etc....

~John
u going to have to 1. port htc sence to the droid x or 2. do it ur self!!

the droid x probly will not run sence nativly (due to the background services)

Old 07-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
u going to have to 1. port htc sence to the droid x or 2. do it ur self!!

the droid x probly will not run sence nativly (due to the background services)
Well there was a number of HTC Clocks and docks remakes that was so close to the original with animated weather and all but HTC demanded them to be removed and I really hated this...

Check out how they looked... Hopefully we can get them back because I would have been happy with this widget..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zvev8mjV9A
Old 07-14-2010, 01:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

techguru is just getting started

Beautiful Widgets (not free, but not too expensive) is a good replacement for the Sense UI clock and weather features. Actually a little more configurable. Moving from Sense on my DINC to MotoBlur on my (2 days early) DX, I do prefer some of the deeper OS integration on Sense, but I don't think you will regret the decision to go to Android in any form. (former WinMo user since 2002, haven't looked back once).

Alan
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Nice wallpaper. If you can disable moto's custom UI, i'd check out launcher pro. if you want the sense clock go for beautiful widgets or fancy widgets. Pure calendar is a nice appts widget.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

beautiful widgets or fancy widgets

It seems that both of these are not available anymore????

~John
Old 07-15-2010, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
beautiful widgets or fancy widgets

It seems that both of these are not available anymore????

~John
You can find them if you look. Google is your friend. Also, Beautiful Widgets is still available in the market but looks different now due to the C&D letter they received.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: droidx
Carrier: verizion

firefighter101005 is a n00b

I got my droidX today and love it. I am tringto get it all settled in with the home screen and all but loving the HDvideo and 8meg cam !
Old 07-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Jim,

I'm not entirely sure that anyone has ported Sense. The main widgets (Weather Clock) is what is most apparent, but there are other sense apps that go with the HTC experience (News, Calendar, Email Client, Messaging Client, Stocks, and maybe a few others).

The HTC Sense apps are good, but there are others in the market just as good.

Beautiful Widget / Fancy Widget is a great alternative to the Sense clock.

If you can't find it, PM me.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X