PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

microdot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to microdot
Verizons launch of 4G in Nov making anyone think twice about Droid X??

As of 2 days ago i have never been so sure about wanting a new phone as i was the Droid X. Now there are rumors all over the internet that Verizon will launch its 4G network (aka LTE) on November 15th and have a couple of 4G devices on sale on black Friday. An on top of that the rumors are that they will sell the iphone in January on the 4G network. (not that ill choose the iphone over the Droid X).
I am just wondering, am I jumping the gun here with the Droid X? I am assuming whatever phone with launch with 4G is going to have to be kickass phones. I am also assuming that the Droid X will not be 4G compatible. I hate to pass up this beast and then its just rumors but for some reason i think there is some truth in these ones. Thoughts please
Old 07-01-2010, 07:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ronaldheld is just getting started
Re: Verizons launch of 4G in Nov making anyone think twice about Droid X??

That does it. I am going to wait until much later in the year if Android LTE handsets will be on sale.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I have to agree because now it seems BB is not even doing any more pre-ordering. I got the info in an RSS feed from Andriod Police and called BB yesterday and they confirmed. The lady said they had so many orders they stopped because they wanted to make sure everyone got one.

With all the Incredible ordered getting transferred to DX orders, I see a big shortage of DX units now.

Seems I might not get one at all or for a while now.

So this has also got me thinking should I wait (or maybe be forced to wait) until November???

Anyway, here is the RSS feed link

Verizon Gets Serious About 4G: 25 Markets Scheduled To Begin Rollout November 15th, Phones To Follow Shortly Thereafter
Old 07-01-2010, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm still gonna go for the Droid X and will probably wait until the 2nd batch of LTE phones to hit the market. Having a phone of this power and size on the Verizon network is just too good for me to pass on, especially after having messed with friend's EVO phones....grr lol.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I can see the appeal of the X, but I want to hold out for a better CPU/GPU and LTE.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Well if Verizon charges extra for LTE like Sprint does WiMAX then I'm going to just get the DX. That's because of my situation of my company paying the bill, tough to be the first to ask for more expensive internet. Once the execs get it then it is on.

Plus whatever they offer in Nov will be outdated in in April, and those in July. So I just want to dump my WinMo already and jump on the Android bandwagon.

Quote from NYT review to sum up my last statement:
"Last November, you might have been tempted by the Motorola Droid, “the best Android phone on the market.” A month later, the HTC Hero was “the best Android phone on the market.” By January, “the best Android phone yet” was the Nexus One. In April, “the best Android device that you can purchase” was the HTC Incredible. In May, “the best Android phone on the market” was the Sprint Evo."

Last edited by rolandroland; 07-01-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

I will be getting the dx when it comes out. I'm not thrilled about the large size of the phone but I do like the larger screen. The older I get the larger the screen needs to be!

Since I live in a very rural area I don't think that LTE is even going to be an issue out here for quite a while so I don't think there is any advantage for me at all in waiting.

R
Old 07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The X is a good choice. With every ~6 months in the future, your phone becomes "antiquated". You just have to decide how long you want to wait.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Im going for DX myself because every time something comes out there always will be a rumor of something possibly better coming out shortly after, my thought if you always hold off for the reported better item you wont ever get anything the way the market has been working lately..
Old 07-03-2010, 05:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

NevadaXJ is a n00b

I'll still be getting the DX. I have no issues with current 3G speeds, and when I am at home it will use my home network.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X