PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 09:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Junk right now!
Carrier: Verizon

UpsidedownB is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to UpsidedownB
Re: Verizons launch of 4G in Nov making anyone think twice about Droid X??

So is the difference between a 3G phone and a 4G phone hardware or software upgrade ?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

hardware. requires a compatible lte radio
Old 07-03-2010, 10:37 AM
N00b

UpsidedownB is a n00b

Just kinda dumbfounded that Verizon and Motorola would not make this phone for the 4G coverage. I mean Verizon has to have been planning this for a long time. I would have figured they would have made it for both coverages. I will still buy it but just kinda confuses me with there intentions at times.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsidedownB View Post
Just kinda dumbfounded that Verizon and Motorola would not make this phone for the 4G coverage. I mean Verizon has to have been planning this for a long time. I would have figured they would have made it for both coverages. I will still buy it but just kinda confuses me with there intentions at times.
LTE doesn't start until November and then in only 25 markets. So there is no real reason to wait for LTE or develop handsets for it. It's typical to not have handsets ready until a few months after the release of a new band of coverage. It will probably be until next year before any major phones have the LTE bands to be used. Most of the things available at first will be PC cards.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 07-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

yeah sprints wimax was running what almost a full year before the evo dropped. like blaze said doubt we will see anything but data cards and mifis before next year but who knows.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I or EVO): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Me hearing about a HTC evo Verizon clone makes me wait !! (and upgrade this incredible )

Old 07-06-2010, 08:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: verizon

cdmoore74 is a n00b

Yes, still getting the X next week. The way I look at it I can upgrade once a year on my family plan. Just last September the TP2 was the hottest phone on Verizon's lineup. For about 3 months the Incredible was the best but will be replaced by the X next week. You could wait for feature A to come out but feature B is already in the works. And what if windows 7 mobile hits huge or if the Iphone is released on Verizon. You might even have higher res displays next year or camera's with optical zoom.
My plan is to upgrade 1 line every year and pass the old phone down. My first verizon phone was an htc touch with a 320x240 display and no wifi. I can't imagine using that phone today after owning a TP2 and Moto Droid. And this was 2 years ago. Trust me; what we see today will look like garbage in 2 years. The only phone I see lasting for 2 years would be the Iphone 4g. Apple will sit on the phone and do nothing with except for an update here and there. It took them this long to catch up.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:10 PM
N00b

UpsidedownB is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I or EVO): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Me hearing about a HTC evo Verizon clone makes me wait !! (and upgrade this incredible )
What clone are you speaking about ?

Not to many worries here have 2 upgrades available to myself so if i get the X and something else comes out better around Christmas still have another one to upgrade with. Hoping for a HTC phone will give my X to my wife.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Verizon

quansidau is a n00b

A few things about Droid X, LTE and Iphone4 on Verizon:
I went to a store and asked a Verizon rep about these issues. This is what the rep had told me:
1) Droid X will be available in the store and there will be a good amount of supply to meet the demand. HTC incredible parts were from outside of the US, Verizon had to wait to put them together here, that's the reason they were on back order. Droid X parts are all from the US, they are ready to go. They just have to install Android to the hardware in August. Which version of Android (2.1 or 2.2)is still not known.
2) LTE will be tested at some spots throughout the states, it will not be really ready until 2-3 yrs from now.
3) Apple and Verizon are not in agreement about their branding. Apple does not want to put Verizon on the iphone, also partly due to the exclusive deal between AT&T and Apple. However, there will probably an Apple product from Verizon in the future, it is the iphone4.

Hope this helps some of you like me to choose your phone.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Verizon

quansidau is a n00b

Mistake on the last line: it is not the iphon4.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X